uniqs
share rss forum feed

RPeters

join:2007-04-02
Charlotte, NC
reply to aeblank

Re: Broadband in a Box

aeblank,
Guess what? If you go to that site you listed and click on the questions section and play the animation it says that they use Skyway as their satellite supplier.
I would really worry about that one. They are just resellers of Skyway.

or270
Premium
join:2007-03-13
Lookout, CA

1 edit

Skyfx was a starconnect reseller last time,
not sure if it is this time.

--
HN9000/.74 1 watt/ProPlus

aeblank

join:2004-09-07
Cadillac, MI
reply to RPeters

said by RPeters:

aeblank,
Guess what? If you go to that site you listed and click on the questions section and play the animation it says that they use Skyway as their satellite supplier.
I would really worry about that one. They are just resellers of Skyway.
Skyway is bad?

RPeters

Charlotte, NC

I don't know about now. But I had them 3 yrs ago and they went dead for over four months. They lied about their financial problems just like Straconnect is doing today. I left them for Skyfx. Its a small company in Syracuse run by the old Primestar people. They answer the phone all the time and they complete whatever situation that I had. It's been a very steady reception since 2006. The Broadband Box people are just wholesale sellers of Skyway with multi thousands of users. They also have a stringent contract impossible to get out of like Hughes net and Wildblue. After seeing what Starconnect did to thousands of good paying people, I really hesitate in giving you a recommendation, except that we are happy with our present supplier. Good Luck

or270
Premium
Lookout, CA

1 edit

Skyfx dumped there customers over to Starconnect in April 2007(I was one of them), who are they now?
--

RPeters

Charlotte, NC

Good question. I was one of them too. They put us on Brightstar then took us back a couple months later. Our email never went down and we kept the same dial-up. Greg got me set up with a router and we have been running without a hitch ever since. Todays speed test was 767 at 10AM. Did you go to Hughes? Do you like it?

or270
Premium
Lookout, CA

1 edit

I switched to Hughesnet in May 2007 did a self install.
For me it was cheaper to go with Hughesnet vs one-way, 2nd phone line, local phone co. dial-up ISP(no other dial-ups available for my area).

As far as being happy?, It works ok most of the time.
Like most satellite users we make do until something better comes along.
--