Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bsoft

join:2004-03-28
Boulder, CO
reply to BOGBS

Re: Customers understand upgrading a network is hard & expensive

I'm sick and tired of telcos complaining about capacity issues. Guess what? Building capacity for their customers is part of doing business.

AT&T made over 12 BILLION dollars in profit last year. And they have the audacity to say that they can't get network upgrades done. The iPhone 3G has been out for over a year, and other 3G phones have been out for far longer. AT&T knew that the iPhone 2G drove higher data usage; they should have had the foresight to realize that the 3G would drive higher data usage as well.

The iPhone is sold all over the world, and yet it only seems to be AT&T that has these massive capacity issues. AT&T has the resources to get it fixed.

We don't have to put up with crappy service just because AT&T is unwilling or unable to provide high quality service.

WhatNow
Premium
join:2009-05-06
Charlotte, NC
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

The engineers at the bottom design a good network for an area that would be flexible and easy to upgrade but the spreadsheet managers nickel and dime it to death. The final design ends up being obsolete by the time it is turned up at a single tower. Then they don't want spend any more money because they have already blown their budget for that area.
Their game plan is penny wise and pound foolish.

burrzoo

join:2004-03-28
Daly City, CA

said by WhatNow:

The engineers at the bottom design a good network for an area that would be flexible and easy to upgrade but the spreadsheet managers nickel and dime it to death. The final design ends up being obsolete by the time it is turned up at a single tower. Then they don't want spend any more money because they have already blown their budget for that area.
Their game plan is penny wise and pound foolish.
Oh boy, you hit the nail on the head! Welcome to Project Management 101 for the Corporate world! Typical scenario in my experience.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to bsoft

said by bsoft:

AT&T made over 12 BILLION dollars in profit last year. And they have the audacity to say that they can't get network upgrades done.
Link? Source?
--
My domain - Nightfall.net