All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

madnet
@clearwire-wmx.net

madnet

Anon

[ Troubleshooting] Why is my new Wimax service so slow???

I just got clear and have the unlimited download - but continuous tests on speedtest dot net are giving me anywhere from .5 meg to 2.8 meg download speed - horrible as I came from cableone and had 3 meg contracted prices but got 3.2 meg download consistanty?

I've been online with Clear support and they have no idea - I'm only .6 miles away from the tower and have all 5 bars showing...anyone have any idea

el3ment
Premium Member
join:2008-02-27
Aurora, CO

el3ment

Premium Member

Are you by chance in Portland? I know we're having issues here. I was having great speeds before we had a big outage last friday.. How is your latency? Mine seems to be peak / off-peak now with an overal high of 600ms

w0g
o.O
join:2001-08-30
Springfield, OR

1 edit

w0g to madnet

to madnet
What operating system are you running? If anything pre-Vista than you should run the tweak test here at dslreports, and visit the tweak test forums. Here's a link to get you started: »/tools

Other information we need to help you troubleshoot are your network set up, Ethernet or USB, any WiFi in the area? Also what browser are you using, version of flash, and Java do you have installed?

Etidorhpa
@clearwire-dns.net

Etidorhpa to madnet

Anon

to madnet
Hahahaha that's funny.

madnet
@clearwire-wmx.net

madnet to w0g

Anon

to w0g
I'm running multiple systems - both XP pro and Vista and get same result on all of them. Every now and then the modem will spike and I'll hit 5 meg, but that has only happened twice.

I've tried direct connect to the modem and went thru my router with no success.
Equipment:
Multiple PCs/laptops running XP and Vista - both IE 7 and IE 8.
DLink -DIR-655 router
WiMax CPEi 25150 Clear modem
.6 miles from the Clear tower - all 5 lights show solid signal.
Wired network is Ethernet, but most systems running wireless G and N. I have hard-connected to the modem via Ethernet and still get same slow speeds.

I'm located in the Boise/Metro area.

w0g
o.O
join:2001-08-30
Springfield, OR

w0g to madnet

to madnet
Well at this point in time I think Clear has some major network problems (congestion?) and everyone is experiencing major latency and bandwidth problems. At least those on the West/NW area of the country.
nocigar
join:2009-09-08
Austin, TX

nocigar

I'm in a smaller market in South Texas ~300k population msa, and have been getting sub 1.0mbps since last week sometime.

vegasjunkie
@clearwire-wmx.net

vegasjunkie to el3ment

Anon

to el3ment
I am in Las vegas and ever since the 4 hour outage here about 2 weeks ago I am having the same slow speed issues consistantly. I am at a crawl everyday. It was working fine till the network went down. very suspicious.

gomezinc
@clearwire-wmx.net

gomezinc to madnet

Anon

to madnet
I am in vegas and get less than 1/2 a meg on this service. This is definitely not what were paying for.
LVNeptune
join:2008-03-02
Henderson, NV

LVNeptune to madnet

to madnet
To last two posters:

Keep an eye on my blog. I post frequently about Clear issues and what I am doing to get them resolved.

I actually have a post in there about a few shady resellers that have actually contacted me through my posts. »www.michaelgossett.me