Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

lgkahn
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Londonderry, NH

vonage refuses to release my number

I have been trying for over 3 weeks to port out my vonage number to call centric.. they have refused.. It is not their number I brought it to them in the first place..

Please someone tell my what recourse i have even if i have to get a lawyer to get them to release my number..

thanks

larry kahn

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
First, what reason is Vonage giving? Your post is short on specifics.

Are there other issues---does CallCentric's CLEC serve the same ratecenter that your current # is in?

Second, what is CallCentric saying? They are pretty good with his stuff.

Third, a lawyer ain't gonna help. An FCC complaint against Vonage might.

»esupport.fcc.gov/sform2000/formB···ge=2000B

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·VOIPO
·CIKTEL Telecom

1 edit
reply to lgkahn
Larry, we need more information. If your treasured phone number is in the Derry NH rate center ... at least four CLECs supplying phone numbers to VoIP providers have a presence there: Level 3 Comm, PAETEC, Choice One and RNK. So one or more VoIP providers, served by one of these CLECs, should be able to port your number over.

You are not giving us enough to work with.

What are the first 7 numbers (###-###-#...) of your number?
Is your number originally from a regular phone company (PSTN)?
Is your current service address (the one you registered with CallCentric) the same as the service address that Vonage has for your account?
Is the name on the account both accounts the same?

A CallCentric "portability query" for 603-965-2222 (a Level 3 Comm number in Derry NH) shows "Your number can be transferred to Callcentric!"

Add a message to your CC Trouble Ticket asking them what reason Vonage's CLEC is giving for the porting denial. Remember, it is probably not Vonage that is holding up the port ... it's more likely to be the CLEC with whom Vonage registered your name and address when you originally asked them to port in your number.

Once we learn your first 7 numbers (###-###-#...), sleuthing into the problem can begin.

bioits

join:2009-07-22
Gaithersburg, MD
reply to lgkahn
I ran into the same situation. I ordered and transferred my phone # from Comcast to Vonage on Aug 25th. They were not able to get my fax working and I gave it up. Since I'm still in 30 days of trial period. I requested LNP to Callcentric on Sep 3rd and was told by CallCentric that they sent the LNP request at the same day. I know it's onlya little over a week. However when checking with Vonage customer service today, I was told that my account doesn't show any request.
I'm in MD. 301-605-xxxx.

CallC

@telengy.net
reply to lgkahn
Hello,

Just in case:
- as a matter of fact - that number (of "lgkahn") had already been ported to Callcentric (by end of Wednesday, Sept. 9).

Regarding "bioits" request - we process large number of LNPs at any given moment, including the most difficult scenarios (DSLR residents may tell many stories about those ) - unless you get a message from our LNP guys (who are in a "persistent" touch with LNP departments of loosing/receiving carriers) - there is no need to worry about anything. When/if you get a message from us - it contains detailed instructions of what the customer should do in order to help resolve the matter.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·VOIPO
·CIKTEL Telecom

2 edits
reply to bioits
said by bioits:

However when checking with Vonage customer service today, I was told that my account doesn't show any request.
I'm in MD. 301-605-xxxx.
We BBR regulars have posted over and over that the losing VoIP provider .. in this case Vonage .. has no idea that you have initiated a port to another provider. It has been said repeatedly that numbers are transferred between CLECs (companies that supply phone numbers to VoIP providers). Vonage won't even be notified when your number is ultimately ported ... and thus, they will continue to charge your account endlessly. So don't waste your time calling Vonage ... until after the port is ported and confirmed to be working for incoming calls with your new provider ... then cancel with Vonage.

You must look to your new VoIP provider .. in this case CallCentric .. to keep you informed of how your 301-605-7xxx number (originally from Comcast) port from Vonage's CLEC is going. CC will update your Trouble Ticket on a regular basis. And if you have any questions or concerns, add you query to your open CC Trouble Ticket.

By the way, be aware that cancelling your Vonage account before an outward port is completed will block the port altogether ... and may result in the loss of your phone number.

said by CallC :

...unless you get a message from our LNP guys (who are in a "persistent" touch with LNP departments of loosing/receiving carriers) - there is no need to worry about anything. When/if you get a message from us - it contains detailed instructions of what the customer should do in order to help resolve the matter.
As always, thanks for making a timely appearance to clear up the misconceptions that abound regarding the porting process. CallCentric is outstanding in their porting operations ... not to mention their service and features, as well!