uniqs
The Snowman
Premium Member
join:2007-05-20

1 edit

The Snowman

Premium Member

[Need Help] HDD Regenerator

Hi Folks, got a question..if you don't mind.....thanks.

Last night I went to put this program , HDD Regenerator on USB an received a warning that it would distroy all Data on the USB Stick.
Its a Four gig Stickthe normal stuff that comes with a USB Stck.....question is: : if I put this program on the Stick is that the only thing I can have on it "?.........I think I need some of whats on the Stick to remain if it's to work properly....if so. well I don't want to ruin a good USB Stick for just one program.......instead I would rather just purchase another smaller USB Stick just for this Program.....its only a few meg in size.......not work lossing a four gig Stick.....cheaper to get a smaller Stick.

Thanks for your replies.

ironwalker
World Renowned
MVM
join:2001-08-31
Keansburg, NJ

1 edit

ironwalker

MVM

Yes, you are better useing a cd and it will burn the cd as a bootable cd.
You then boot the cd and use HDDRegenerator outside of your OS running.

If you use a usb, it will be the samething and you are required to have a pc that allows for booting via usb...if it is not allowed you must have that option in the bios set to USB as first,second,third, or whatever device.

If you don't have access to the bios you are sol.

Because I have a floppy disk in my pc and a usb floppy for the laptops, I burned to a floppy.
The Snowman
Premium Member

The Snowman

Premium Member

ironwalker,

Thanks for replieing.........oh heck, I totally forgot about perhaps not being able to boot from USB..........I knew about that but simply forgot........my-of-my but those meds are good....LoL......hey, thanks for reminding me of that issue.
Was hoping I could have both....the CD and the USB.

The Snowman

1 edit

The Snowman

Premium Member

Just noticed that "someone" made an entirely new Topic on my behalf.........that was very nice of who ever you are that did such a kindness..........APPRECIATED>

Why
@charter.com

Why to The Snowman

Anon

to The Snowman
Any reason you don't just run it off the harddrive? It does give you 3 options on how to use it, straight off the hardrive, usb, and CDorDVD.
The Snowman
Premium Member

The Snowman

Premium Member

WHY said : "Any reason you don't just run it off the harddrive? "

Friend... if the harddrive does not boot.....just how would you suggest running the Program from the harddrive ?

As for the Options.......I was offered TWO OPTIONS........not Three..............either USB or CD.

Are you sure we are talking about the same Program ? If yes......which Version do you have......mind is Version 1.71

Why
@charter.com

Why

Anon

If this is the program you are referring to YES there are 3 options.

The Snowman
Premium Member

The Snowman

Premium Member

Why,

you are correct......somehow I over looked that........my bad. By the way...whats your opinion of the program ?
The Snowman

The Snowman

Premium Member

Why,

Opps, forgot to thank you for that information.....it is appreciated....thank you.

The Pig
I know you want to be me
Premium Member
join:2009-09-11

2 edits

1 recommendation

The Pig to The Snowman

Premium Member

to The Snowman
From this post »[Review] Disaster recovery - software that really works the program looks like it works.
The Snowman
Premium Member

The Snowman

Premium Member

LittlePiggie, thanks.......actually I first posted in that topic an the post was moved here.....very nice of the Mod to do that................
Was just wondering about what experiences others may have had with this Program.
zach3
Zach
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
Saint Louis, MO

zach3 to The Snowman

Premium Member

to The Snowman
Click for full size
Click for full size
I for one can assure you that it does work as advertized!!

I just purchased a complete version for the $39 and within approximately 2 hours and 19 minutes it had scanned and repaired the sectors on a 100 Gig Drive.

I had just spent $79 to have a computer repair shop tell me that they couldn't repair it!!

Worked beautifully and I was able to recover all of my files manually.

No I didn't try to clone the repaired drive just wanted my files. I did place it back into the laptop that it came out of and it Booted up like new. Not taking any chances though!!

Zach
The Snowman
Premium Member

1 edit

The Snowman

Premium Member

zach3,

Thank you very much for your reply.....just what I wanted to know before trieing the Program on a computer...........to my knowledge the computer's Drive is not damaged.....but its an older computer.........an may require some repair due to the passage of time and numerous Formats.
zach3
Zach
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
Saint Louis, MO

zach3

Premium Member

Snowman,

The only thing that I can tell you for sure is that I believe that your computer BIOS must recognize the drive. formatted or non-formatted.

The Boot sector was destroyed on my drive and XP looked at it as an un-formatted drive when I attempted to open it with Windows Explorer before the repair.

The drive showed up on the tree as an extra "C" drive but my main drive is named "Vector C" so the computer booted from that drive as it always does.

HDD Regenerator recognized both HD's and my USB Drive. I clicked on the one that I knew had a problem and it proceeded to fix the bad sectors.

Once HDD Regenerator had finished, I shut it down and opened Windows Explorer and I had a + sign in front of the "C" drive. Clicked on the drive and all of the folders showed up!!!

Yes I was surprised to say the least with the name "HDD Regenerator" but what can I say!!

I am a very happy camper to say the least. I had my most critical files backed up but I always forget something and I am glad to have them back.

Regards,

Zach

pog4
Premium Member
join:2004-06-03
Kihei, HI

pog4 to The Snowman

Premium Member

to The Snowman
Another approach is a special boot loader like grub4dos: »grub4dos.sourceforge.net ··· mulation

The basic idea is that you get to store a number of ISO (or floppy images) on one stick and load whatever you want at boot.
The Snowman
Premium Member

The Snowman

Premium Member

Finanally found time to burn two CD's of the boot disk program.........have not tested the disks as yet.........my computer runs great......an I am leary of using it as a test machine for this yet un-known program.........if ever I can get to a Second_hand Store I know off I'll pick up a couple of old Towers......

Once again my sincere THANKS to everyone for their helpful replies.
The Snowman

The Snowman

Premium Member

Darn if this isn't the Cat's Meow........the ignorant, wannabe computer would not boot from the CD's......ouch !
Fortunately the program is running right now from "disk".......so that works.........this was the reason I first wanted to put the program on USB.......the CD Rom is also a "wannabe"...........works only when "IT" feels like working.......the lazy deadbeat .

Pinan

join:2000-09-02
Murrieta, CA

Pinan

I used this program a year or so ago to resurrect a dead notebook. Da*n Samsung mini HDD's (1.8"). HDD Regenerator "fixed" whatever was wrong and I was up and running.....only to have the same thing happen shortly thereafter. I blame the HDD though, as I tried 3 different ones!