Re: Broadband in a Box

I too was looking at Skyfx, until I saw this:

»www.skyfx.us/why/why.html

RUP looks pretty restrictive.
foothilldave
join:2007-04-08
Applegate, CA

foothilldave

Yes - if that is a 30-day total and 1st threshold is 1G download that's pretty severe - not much streaming video allowed. I used to watch maybe a show or two a week on Hulu or Netflix but can still hit 2-3G pretty easy that way. It's still better than Hughes with their 200M "running bucket" nonsense which prevents any streaming video. WildBlue is similar to SkyFX but their monthly thresholds are like 8G to 12G depending on plan.
or270
Premium Member
join:2007-03-13
Lookout, CA

or270 to Gramcon

Premium Member

to Gramcon
Considering last month on Hughesnet I downloaded 6.8GB regular time and 33GB FAP Free time for the month.
RPeters
join:2007-04-02
Charlotte, NC

RPeters to Gramcon

to Gramcon
Gramcon,

You had me worried about that rup deal with Skyfx because my neighbor is splitting the signal with me until Starconnect lights up again. So I called Rosanne at Sky call center and she stated that the 1000MB in any 3 consecutive 24 hour periods before overflow. I have never been penalized by these people and I think its because they are so small. They have Verizon in with them. When I called for tech support last month I got a girl at Verizon Wireless to help me. I don't think you have a problem with Skyfx if you don't mind tying up the telephone.
RPeters

RPeters to or270

to or270
or270,

How much is the monthly on that plan?
or270
Premium Member
join:2007-03-13
Lookout, CA

or270

Premium Member

Pro-Plus Plan, 425MB is the daily FAP limit, but I have used over 600MB in a day, so there is some kind of recovery/refill rate.

FAP free time is 2am to 7am Eastern time.

Plan is $79.99 month for average speeds of 1500down/200up
RPeters
join:2007-04-02
Charlotte, NC

RPeters

Thank you but 80 bucks is a little steep for us here. You guysd in California have all the money. LOL
tgermon
join:2007-12-31
Vanceboro, NC

tgermon to RPeters

to RPeters
said by RPeters:

Gramcon,

You had me worried about that rup deal with Skyfx because my neighbor is splitting the signal with me until Starconnect lights up again. So I called Rosanne at Sky call center and she stated that the 1000MB in any 3 consecutive 24 hour periods before overflow. I have never been penalized by these people and I think its because they are so small. They have Verizon in with them. When I called for tech support last month I got a girl at Verizon Wireless to help me. I don't think you have a problem with Skyfx if you don't mind tying up the telephone.
I guess now skyfx/skyway are more strict on the RUP now. I have the gold plan and on day 14 I reached 1500 MBs and they have dropped me from 700kbps to 500kbps. I can't complain about it, the only other alternative is dialup. Guess they have us over a barrel.