how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MineCoast
Premium
join:2004-10-06

USPS Tracking

I've been expecting a USPS package for a week now and still has not arrive. I haven't had the time to call USPS about this, but this tracking doesn't make any sense to me. The tracking shows:

Label/Receipt Number: (removed)
Class: First-Class Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was processed through and left our PENSACOLA, FL 32522 facility on September 10, 2009. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Processed through Sort Facility, September 10, 2009, 12:46 am, PENSACOLA, FL 32522
Processed through Sort Facility, September 09, 2009, 2:44 am, PENSACOLA, FL 32522
Processed through Sort Facility, September 05, 2009, 11:49 pm, PENSACOLA, FL 32522
Processed through Sort Facility, September 05, 2009, 4:30 am, MOBILE, AL 36602
Processed through Sort Facility, September 02, 2009, 10:00 pm, BOSTON, MA 02205
Acceptance, September 02, 2009, 9:11 am, CENTERVILLE, MA 02632

RX300

join:2004-02-23
Bluff Dale, TX
Maybe Pensacola facility doesn't have enough to do. Looks like they are having trouble with the package. Hope it was packaged well and not fragile.
Expand your moderator at work

MineCoast
Premium
reply to MineCoast

Re: USPS Tracking

So that my question is clear:

I have never used USPS for First-Class Mail before so I am not sure what to expect.

Is this normal? Has anyone (here) seen this before?
How long does this process normally take?

removed
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX
kudos:40
reply to MineCoast
I've seen this happen before but only when the item had insufficient postage. 9 days for First Class Mail is very, very rare under normal circumstances.
--
irc.removed.us - #dslr

MineCoast
Premium
said by removed:

I've seen this happen before but only when the item had insufficient postage. 9 days for First Class Mail is very, very rare under normal circumstances.
Thanks. I'll be calling USPS on Monday to find out exactly what is going on.

Spensergig
Past my Prime
Premium,MVM
join:2000-03-26
Bradenton, FL
reply to MineCoast
The other possibility, based on my experiences a few years ago, is that they are trying to deliver to an old address.

I had mail that went to my former apt, which we had moved from over a year earlier.
The Post Office had the forwarding notice on file, but kept re-forwarding it to the old address.
When I went to the PO and asked at the counter, they brought out a stack of mail with up to 23 yellow forwarding stickers!
Amazingly, the forwarding address they had on file was the correct, new one.
Go figure.

NotRequired
Premium
join:2009-05-08
reply to MineCoast
MJ What ou are seeing is a FULL TRACkING which th postal person id for you as a courtesy,

nomally most post office's when you send something 1st class or Certified all you get is this,

local mail,
Label/Receipt Number: 7009 0820 0001 5024 1755
Service(s): Certified Mail™

Your item arrived at 6:18 AM on September 8, 2009 in HOUSTON, TX 77040. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Enter Label / Receipt Number.
Detailed Results:
Arrival at Unit, September 08, 2009, 6:18 am, HOUSTON, TX 77040
Acceptance, September 04, 2009, 10:51 am, HOUSTON, TX 77018
=====================================
cross country mail

Label/Receipt Number: 7009 0820 0001 5024 1700
Service(s): Certified Mail™
We attempted to deliver your item at 8:51 AM on September 8, 2009 in SALAMANCA, NY 14779 and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/redelivery, or call 800-ASK-USPS to arrange for redelivery. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
Enter Label/Receipt Number.

Notice Left, September 08, 2009, 8:51 am, SALAMANCA, NY 14779
Arrival at Unit, September 08, 2009, 8:49 am, SALAMANCA, NY 14779
Acceptance, September 04, 2009, 10:50 am, HOUSTON, TX 77018

--
Friends with many,
Disliked by a few,because of their attitude
I'll always be enemies to some,regardless of what I do

MineCoast
Premium
I know that Jazzy, but why is it taking 10+ days and been through Pensacola 3+ times? Pensacola is not a large city... Population of 55,000 people. There is no reason for it to go through Pensacola 3+ times and take 10+ days.

MineCoast
Premium
reply to Spensergig
said by Spensergig:

The other possibility, based on my experiences a few years ago, is that they are trying to deliver to an old address.

I had mail that went to my former apt, which we had moved from over a year earlier.
The Post Office had the forwarding notice on file, but kept re-forwarding it to the old address.
When I went to the PO and asked at the counter, they brought out a stack of mail with up to 23 yellow forwarding stickers!
Go figure.
Nah. It's not an old address, The person shipped it to my new address and even if anything was sent to my old address... I never had forwarding setup as I know the people at my old address and visit them at least once a week and always calls me when I get mail there

Spensergig
Past my Prime
Premium,MVM
Bradenton, FL
Another true but hard to believe story....

Back in the early 70s, I lived in an apartment.
I got a call one night from Sears, wanting to know what my new address was, and when I would pay my bill.

I was stunned, to say the least. I learned that my bill had been returned as "Addressee Unknown, No Forwarding Address" for at least two months. Checking with other places I had accounts, I found the same thing.

The only thing we could figure was that a lazy substitute carrier found it easier to return my mail than deliver it.

Some years later, I got an unusual excise tax bill. Massachusetts excise taxes are issued by the town you live in, though the state actually does the printing and mailing. The bill I got was from the town I had moved out of 6 years earlier, and I HAD updated my address. I had been receiving tax bill from the new town for 5 years.

The bill I got was a late bill, and I was not able to get them to forgive the penalties. No one had a clue how my old address got into the state's data base.

To give the short form, strange shit happens.
Expand your moderator at work

NotRequired
Premium
join:2009-05-08

1 edit
reply to Spensergig

Thats just the reason to have a P.O.Box

Spensergig, ALL, th above problems are just the reason,
1, I tell any cmpany,when asked my address,
you need the physical address or the mailing address if you send ANYTHING by mail to the physical address it is going to be bounced right back to you,anymail MUST go to my p.o.box,the letter carrier KNOWS & has instructions not to delivery to physical addie.

also, I can move at any given time & nt worry about having to let everyone know my change of address, since P.O.Box stays the same.
--
Friends with many,
Disliked by a few,because of their attitude
I'll always be enemies to some,regardless of what I do

Spensergig
Past my Prime
Premium,MVM
Bradenton, FL
Until the day that the Post Office employees decide that you have abandoned the P.O.Box, even though you pay on an annual basis and still have 6 months left on the current payment.

When they return your mail marked "Moved, No Forwarding Address" and reassign your box to a new customer, you won't even get a meaningful apology. (Another true story my wife overheard while in line.)

To give the short form again, strange shit happens.

And it really isn't personal.

MineCoast
Premium
reply to MineCoast

I called USPS yesterday (toll free number) and asked about the tracking and he put a "ticket" in for someone to call me within 24 hours. I got a call just a few hours later (surprised how quickly) and it was from my local USPS referring to the ticket that I submitted and was told that the package was stuck in the wrong bin which is why it was delayed/processed several times. She said I should have it later that day and sure enough, I did.

So, I have my package now Even though the package was delayed, I have to say that I was pleased at how well the communication was.

Spensergig
Past my Prime
Premium,MVM
Bradenton, FL
That's pretty close to the first scenario I posted - the endless loop of processing something that is going to the wrong place for a bad reason.

Glad you made out.

Lil Jon
Premium
join:2006-06-26
Cincinnati, OH
reply to Spensergig
said by Spensergig:

Go figure.
co-sign, same thing happened to me...

PolarBear03
The bear formerly known as aaron8301
Premium
join:2005-01-03
reply to NotRequired

Re: Thats just the reason to have a P.O.Box

said by NotRequired:

Spensergig, ALL, th above problems are just the reason,
1, I tell any cmpany,when asked my address,
you need the physical address or the mailing address if you send ANYTHING by mail to the physical address it is going to be bounced right back to you,anymail MUST go to my p.o.box,the letter carrier KNOWS & has instructions not to delivery to physical addie.

also, I can move at any given time & nt worry about having to let everyone know my change of address, since P.O.Box stays the same.
From the OPs comment here:
said by MineCoast:

Nah. It's not an old address, The person shipped it to my new address and even if anything was sent to my old address... I never had forwarding setup as I know the people at my old address and visit them at least once a week and always calls me when I get mail there
It sounds like he knows EXACTLY what address it's being shipped to.
--
I'm one of those people you can't take out of context. You have to see the whole me before I begin to make any sense.

To err is human. To really mess up, just type "sudo rm -rf /"

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH
reply to MineCoast

that's the best part of the USPS. A gov't office at its finest and why shit gets lost for years and years.

Ship UPS or Fedex and won't have a problem.

Also the USPS does NOT scan all packages, they will even tell you that.