All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Reweshx
join:2009-09-13

1 edit

Reweshx

Help to Connect THOMSON TG585 and USR9108 Wirelessly?

Hello, I just purchased a THOMSON TG585 as an upgrade for my old USR9108: »www.thomsonbroadbandpart ··· p?id=161, and »www.usr.com/support/prod ··· rod=9108

My house has thick walls which makes my wirelss signal weak at my office, so instead of throwing away my USR9108 I decided to wirelessly connect it to my new THOMSON TG585 which is connected to the DSL line.

The TG585 supports WDS and the USR supports Wireless bridging and Access Point mode, so I want to make my TG585 the primary router and connect my USR9108 wirelessly as my secondary router.

I have tried and looked around to solve the issue, but my secondary router does not connect to the primary one, but my TG585 WDS finds my USR9108. Please help me.
jimbopalmer
Tsar of all the Rushers
join:2008-06-02
Greenwood, MS

jimbopalmer

did you find this page?

»www.usr.com/support/9108 ··· #option4

"The MAC addresses of your other WDS devices. WDS devices that are not in this table will not be able to connect to your gateway."
Reweshx
join:2009-09-13

Reweshx

Strangely I do not have the Refresh button on the down-left :S so what will I do? My USR9108 does not see my TG585.

Do I chose the AP Mode to Access Point or Wirless Bridge?

What do I do? Please advice
Reweshx

Reweshx

I also tried to change my WAN settings to MAC Encapsulated Routing (MER) and IP over ATM (IPoA), but that didnt help either.