Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium Member
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC

Matt3

Premium Member

Yay ... not

It's too little too late for me. It will be nice when it comes along, but I've had too many problems with the AT&T network and my iPhone itself. And they both only seem to be getting worse.

Steve B
Premium Member
join:2004-08-02
Auburn, WA

Steve B

Premium Member

I really understand where you're coming from. I got my MMS working early and I have to say I'm not impressed with it at all. My biggest gripe is how it handles animated .gif files that have sound in the background. Any other phone I've had will play the animted .gif while at the same time play the sound file in the background. The iPhone doesn't do that. I was told it would....O_o. Anyway, what it does, when you're looking at the .gif in the message thread, it will animate, however, when you click on the .gif, it no longer animates. The sound file doesn't play in the background either. You have to click on the sound file and it brings up a blank screen and tries to play the file. Making the whole point of that MMS pointless because it doesn't play the way it was intended. I just thought with all the time Apple took to ready 3.0 and MMS that they could've that part right.
moonpuppy (banned)
join:2000-08-21
Glen Burnie, MD

moonpuppy (banned)

said by Steve B:

I really understand where you're coming from. I got my MMS working early and I have to say I'm not impressed with it at all. My biggest gripe is how it handles animated .gif files that have sound in the background. Any other phone I've had will play the animted .gif while at the same time play the sound file in the background. The iPhone doesn't do that. I was told it would....O_o. Anyway, what it does, when you're looking at the .gif in the message thread, it will animate, however, when you click on the .gif, it no longer animates. The sound file doesn't play in the background either. You have to click on the sound file and it brings up a blank screen and tries to play the file. Making the whole point of that MMS pointless because it doesn't play the way it was intended. I just thought with all the time Apple took to ready 3.0 and MMS that they could've that part right.
My T-Mobile G1 does the same thing.

Steve B
Premium Member
Auburn, WA

Steve B

Premium Member

Really? Damn. I have been on the edge of going to T-Mo or Sprint and either getting the MyTouch or Hero. Since its all Android, I'm wondering if those phones will behave in the same way as yours then.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

1 recommendation

FFH5

Premium Member

said by Steve B:

Really? Damn. I have been on the edge of going to T-Mo or Sprint and either getting the MyTouch or Hero. Since its all Android, I'm wondering if those phones will behave in the same way as yours then.
You would make a decision on what smartphone to buy based on whether animated Gifs will play seamlessly on the phone? I don't get it. How important is having that feature?

Steve B
Premium Member
Auburn, WA

Steve B

Premium Member

Not necessarily. It is probably more important to me than most people because I actually do get quite a bit of those kind of MMS. I just really wish it would've worked. LOL, that's all.