share rss forum feed

FenixSucks

join:2007-06-21
Leavenworth, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to comeonnn

Re: I think Qwest is blocking YOUTUBE

Qwest speed test and third party speed test looks great providing ~6Mbps on 7Mbps training.

The Qwest support chat confirmed line is fine, there is no DNS issue. YouTube loads fine if I use a proxy, as have been reported by other users.

It hasn't been delivering 7mbps like speed on YouTube for quite a few months, but tolerable, but the last two weeks or so has been horrible.

Turbocpe
Premium
join:2001-12-22
IA

I don't think this is a Qwest issue. With my cable ISP, some YouTube clips don't load, load slowly, and few load normally. YouTube has always been slow no matter what location or ISP I've used.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-21
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit

said by Turbocpe:

I don't think this is a Qwest issue. With my cable ISP, some YouTube clips don't load, load slowly, and few load normally. YouTube has always been slow no matter what location or ISP I've used.
same here

downgrading to flash player 9 might fix it
as 10.0 disables hardware acceleration = slower

caffeinator
Coming soon to a cup near you..
Premium
join:2005-01-16
WA, USA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

1 edit

said by Anonymous_ See Profile

Umm, where are you getting that info?

From the Flash 10 features page: »www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/features/

quote:
Hardware acceleration Enhanced

Use the hardware processing power of the graphics card to paint SWF files into the browser and accelerate compositing calculations of bitmaps, filters, blend modes, and video overlays faster than would be performed in software.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-21
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by caffeinator:

said by Anonymous_ See Profile

Umm, where are you getting that info?

From the Flash 10 features page: »www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/features/

quote:
Hardware acceleration Enhanced

Use the hardware processing power of the graphics card to paint SWF files into the browser and accelerate compositing calculations of bitmaps, filters, blend modes, and video overlays faster than would be performed in software.
»www.adobe.com/products/flashplay···temreqs/

caffeinator
Coming soon to a cup near you..
Premium
join:2005-01-16
WA, USA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

1 edit

All that means is if your computer isn't up to the task of HD video, neither is Flash.

Mine isn't as it's got onboard Intel video from 2004...I'm not gonna blame Flash over it though. I can watch HQ vids on YT just fine, but my video chokes on HD because it's old. It's not a Qwest or Adobe problem.

Flash blows for quality anyways..watch THIS SITE and see true HD...

This is news?
--

My 9/11 Tribute..online since 9/14/01
Need an Avatar? Check out Wafen's Avatar Pages

TubeSocks

@qwest.net

said by caffeinator:

Flash blows for quality anyways..
Flash isn't really a determining factor in video quality. It is the codec, resolution, and bitrate that most influence quality.

The 1080p sources on CBS look great. Yes, they do look better if they are downloaded and played on a local player as opposed to streaming within the online flash player, but they still have very good quality either way.