join:2000-07-29
Cow Towne

1 edit

Splitpair to imseanbrown

Premium Member

to imseanbrown

Re: t1

said by imseanbrown:

funny -- 586B should work... have you verified your cable works?

here's some more information I ran across which might be useful

If you are extending the DEMARK more than 15 feet, you should follow the following:

Make sure you use D-shield cable, which is CATEGORY 5 shielded. Each pair MUST be shielded, not an overall foil wrap. It you use overall foil wrap cable, you must run 2 lines, one for transmit and one from receive to the extended DEMARK. This minimizes cross talk between pairs.
That is not really required one can run a DS1 up to about 130 feet over standard non-shielded CAT3 or better cable without a problem, to run further the Line Build Out (LBO) of both the Smartjack and the CSU/DSU must be set for the proper distance.
You must use a CATEGORY 5 patch cord 15 feet or less from your equipment to the RJ-45 (RJ48C-RJ48X) connector.
Again negative any Telco or network cable CAT 3 or better will work just fine at that distance.

Wayne
Hahausuck
Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

Hahausuck

Premium Member

I concur with Splitpair

I just rolled out a new microwave hop with TDM circuits and Ethernet. The TDM circuits are extended from the SJ to a distance of 80 some feet. Two cross connects through the NOC's 110 panels which are wired with regular old CAT5 cable and over our own CAT5 drop to the MUX.

On the other end of the microwave it hops a buried 25pr 22awg cable across the hill to another site and dumps out there. Total run is around 120 feet. LBO is set for 0-133.

Also working on another multi-site microwave system with many TDM cross connects and those are again, done with CAT5. Could we use CAT3? sure. The cables from the MUX to the DSX panels are 25pr 22AWG. No big deal