uniqs
FenixSucks
join:2007-06-21
Leavenworth, WA

1 edit

FenixSucks to Slamma

to Slamma

Re: I think Qwest is blocking YOUTUBE

Those of you having the same problem, what area are you guys in?

Some videos don't work and those that don't even if you reload it many times.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· _oHDLZdc

Just one of the many that does not work for me
banjo_john
join:2005-10-28
Loveland, CO

banjo_john

Works just fine for me in Colorado. Doesn't look like a Qwest issue.
tykoglas
join:2002-08-13
Portland, OR

tykoglas to FenixSucks

to FenixSucks
I'm in Portland, OR and can't load that one either. What about you?

-T
said by FenixSucks:

(youtube clip)
one of the many that does not work for me

Skreemin
@qwest.net

Skreemin to FenixSucks

Anon

to FenixSucks
Yeah I'm suffering these same listed symptoms.
Only I've found what plays and what doesn't is completely erratic. IE: Some videos will play in the morning, and when come back to replay later day, no go. And vice versa IE; a video Wont load the first few times I try and then, all of sudden and for no apparent reason, will load. maybe once or twice... and then return to hanging

"You call Qwest support at your own sanity. The answer to everything is recycle the modem. They do not understand the meaning of "it is not working" and will continue to tell you to recycle the modem and assure you that your internet is at the speed it should be repeatedly until you get mad and hang up on them."

Couldn't have said it better myself...

I'm SO upset Comcast doesn't service my area, right now. I'm so over Qwest and will drop the service like a bad habit when the opportunity arises.

Pretty sure they throttle torrents too.
And service cripples out in bad weather.
And all the hidden taxes are Awesome. *rolleyes

Lil Jon
Premium Member
join:2006-06-26
Cincinnati, OH

Lil Jon to FenixSucks

Premium Member

to FenixSucks
said by FenixSucks:

(youtube clip)
one of the many that does not work for me
lol, twas hilarious!

myqwest4452
@qwest.net

myqwest4452 to FenixSucks

Anon

to FenixSucks
i was amazed coming across all of these Qwest costumers that are having youtube loading problems when we first got our 5mg dsl or wireless? youtube was just fine vids would start basically with out loading 1 month into our service videos suddenly would not start i mean at all i watch alot of vids on youtube I thought it might be my lap-top so i pulled out another the same thing would not load so i got out my last lap-top rarely ever used but the same thing youtube vids would not load i have to reload at least 10 0r more times just to get a vid to play so i went to the library with my lap-tops all three of them loaded the vids with-en 2 secs there is something going going on with this isp "Qwest" this is ridiculous for this to be happening to so many paying Qwest customers!!! »i.dslr.net/v2/lite/grey/ ··· ngry.gif
Umm4
join:2009-10-03
Bellevue, WA

Umm4

If you read back a page or two there is a work around... Qwest just has it's DNS mucked up for the time being (aparently...)
CenturyLink
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID

2 edits

CenturyLink

Hello Qwest Patrons,

If you are having any issues please don't hesitate to reach out to us at TalkToUs@qwest.com and we'll be happy to handle any issue you may be experiencing! We appreciate your feedback and Thank You for using Qwest High Speed Internet!

Have a Great Day

The TalkToQwest Team

bobinutah
Premium Member
join:2003-04-07
Bountiful, UT

bobinutah

Premium Member

said by CenturyLink:

Good Morning/Afternoon All,

Hope your Monday is rolling along smoothly. We wanted to let you know that our Network Technicians have been working incredibly hard to isolate video playback issues and we are sure that they have been resolved. You should not be experiencing lag or downtime. If you are, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at TalkToUs@qwest.com and we'll be happy to handle any issue you may be experiencing! We appreciate your feedback and Thank You for using Qwest High Speed Internet!
Have a Great Day!

The TalkToQwest Team
They still aren't fixed where I am. The speed is still lagging unless I use the fix mentioned earlier in the thread.. Keep Trying. Bob

blugreen
@qwest.net

blugreen

Anon

Still broken where I am too - it's just spinning on about 50% of videos.
FenixSucks
join:2007-06-21
Leavenworth, WA

FenixSucks

Has it been fixed yet?
It seems like posting on Qwest's twitter only results in a solicitation to contact them privately at talktous@ *** .com

The Twitter team only does the samething. If you have a problem, please contact us privately, blah blah.

OpenDNS does not function right when I put it in Qwest Actionscrap router, which explains why it wasn't working the first time around. With the OpenDNS enabled in my computer, Youtube is working pretty good. Is it safe to switch back to Qwest DNS yet???
mrhuggles
join:2007-03-29
Ames, IA

mrhuggles

for me contacting them directly only gets me to the same old thing, thats why every time i see them pasting that here it really bugs me, its not like they are reaching out to people in a meaningful way they are just trying to put you into the unplug wait plugbackin team hehe.
azzonie3
join:2004-04-13
Phoenix, AZ

1 edit

1 recommendation

azzonie3 to FenixSucks

to FenixSucks
said by FenixSucks:

Has it been fixed yet?
It seems like posting on Qwest's twitter only results in a solicitation to contact them privately at talktous@ *** .com

The Twitter team only does the samething. If you have a problem, please contact us privately, blah blah.

OpenDNS does not function right when I put it in Qwest Actionscrap router, which explains why it wasn't working the first time around. With the OpenDNS enabled in my computer, Youtube is working pretty good. Is it safe to switch back to Qwest DNS yet???
Qwest DNS is working fine for me, always has been. But then again you already know this and your just bumping your thread because you like the attention.
Expand your moderator at work
cyclone_z
join:2006-06-19
Ames, IA

cyclone_z to mrhuggles

to mrhuggles

Re: I think Qwest is blocking YOUTUBE

said by mrhuggles:

for me contacting them directly only gets me to the same old thing, thats why every time i see them pasting that here it really bugs me, its not like they are reaching out to people in a meaningful way they are just trying to put you into the unplug wait plugbackin team hehe.
If you're having problems, call at 9 AM sharp M-F and ask to speak to a U.S. agent. I've talked to level 2 in Salt Lake City and they were very helpful.