spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

crue5150

join:2009-09-16

how to setup a svi subscriber amplifier

I have a svi subscriber amplifier SV-A15-2PRS can anyone please tell me how to set this up. I want to connect it outside in the cable box, thanks

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5
How do you even know you need one? Just putting one on for the heck of it can actually do more harm than good. If a tech determines you need one, they will put it in.
--
Tech at the Beach.
I speak for myself, not my employer.

crue5150

i have cable internet and i want to split the signal to get cable tv and cable internet, splitting the signal makes the signal less quality,comcast put this on before then i went to dish and took the svi amplifier off,i forgot how it goes, need help installing it again. i don't have local channels with dish, so i want to use my comcast internet to get locals

TDNickell
Premium,MVM
join:2006-09-26
Federal Way, WA
said by crue5150:

i have cable internet and i want to split the signal to get cable tv and cable internet, splitting the signal makes the signal less quality,comcast put this on before then i went to dish and took the svi amplifier off,i forgot how it goes, need help installing it again. i don't have local channels with dish, so i want to use my comcast internet to get locals
That's all well and good,if you are paying for basic cable.
If not you should have a trap on the line and if your talking about doing this in the ground block,Comcast tech's are the only ones allowed to make changes at the ground block.
My ground block has a lock on it to keep folks honest.

pgoelz

join:2001-12-26
Rochester, MI
reply to crue5150
What about an antenna for the locals? I'm about 20 miles from most of the transmitters and with an 8" piece of wire (ordinary coax with 8" stripped away at the end, taped to a downspout pointy end down) I get all the locals at 100% signal strength.
--
Paul Goelz, Rochester Hills, MI
Model Helicopter, music and astronomy pages:
http://pgoelz.com

rendrenner

join:2005-09-03
Grandville, MI
reply to crue5150
How many TV's are you hooking up? How long are the runs to all the TV's and the internet? What kind of cable are you using inside the house (RG-6, RG59)? Are all of the splitters in the same location? What kind of splitters are you using( 3 way 4 way)? What are the signal levels at the side of the house? What are the signal levels at the TV's and internet?

Just because there was one used there before doesnt really mean you need an amp now. If the signal is split it doesnt always mean a lower quality signal, just a lower level.

crue5150

I just need the instructions to connect a svi subscriber amplifier, to boost the signal for cable internet and basic cable tv. I saw on ebay, but it didn't show all the instructions(just part)and i couldn't ask the seller since i wasn't buying it,just need to know how to hook it up. »cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SVI-DIGITAL-2-P···faultDom. i have all the items in the picture,just don't know how to connect it up, thanks

andrew c4

join:2009-09-02
Richmond, VA
You should get a Comcast tech out there to look at your situation and decide if you need the amp or not, and hook it up him/herself. I've always heard, time and time again, that you should never put an amp before a cable modem. And if you don't know what you are doing, there is no reason for you to be fiddling with stuff. As we said originally, how do you know you need one? Just because you had one on before, doesn't mean you need one now. And if you are trying to get free cable or something highly illegal, no one on this forum is going to help you anyway.

scanpa
Premium
join:2006-09-06
Lebanon, PA
reply to crue5150
Everyone here is correct, you do not use a Cable TV amp on any connection going to a Cable Modem or eMTA's.

Your best bet is to call your Cable service provider. If you make a mistake installing it yourself, you could be held responsible if it causes any damage to the Cable service.