Premium Member
join:2005-02-11
USA

ctggzg to 88615298

Premium Member

to 88615298

Re: You get more flies with honey

said by 88615298:

try knocking $1.50 off people's bills for going paperless and you'll see that'll work better.
Most of the people who are stupid and/or paranoid enough to want paper bills won't know the difference.

babwas
join:2005-04-09
Omaha, NE

2 recommendations

babwas

It has nothing to do with being stupid or paranoid. Several years ago I went paperless. I didn't get a single thing in the mail except for junk mail. My wife then had an accident and was in the hospital for a while. I got to thinking and if it was me that was in the accident no one would have paid our bills because they all arrived in my e-mail account. I suppose I could make sure she knows my passwords, but what is going to make her check my e-mail if she isn't used to doing so. When we moved a couple years back I had all my statements start coming paper again. I know she will check the mail. The other thought is what if it was a parent that was incapacitated. I wouldn't have the slightest idea what my mom's e-mail password is.

morbo
Complete Your Transaction
join:2002-01-22

morbo

those are rare cases. however, you should have an instruction guide for your spouse if it is not a shared responsibility. keep it safe and tell them where it is. problem solved. now get back to paperless!
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88 to ctggzg

to ctggzg
said by ctggzg:

said by 88615298:

try knocking $1.50 off people's bills for going paperless and you'll see that'll work better.
Most of the people who are stupid and/or paranoid enough to want paper bills won't know the difference.
Have fun getting a refund after they removed the money electronically
jjeffeory
jjeffeory
join:2002-12-04
Bloomington, IN

jjeffeory to morbo

to morbo
said by morbo:

those are rare cases. however, you should have an instruction guide for your spouse if it is not a shared responsibility. keep it safe and tell them where it is. problem solved. now get back to paperless!
I wouldn't say that they are rare cases. I think people go out of town, people get sent to Iraq, etc... I think it is perfectly reasonable to still get paper bills. I choose to have most of my household bills be paperless, but if something happened to me, it would be really difficult for someone else here to pay all the bills correctly. It used to be much easier with service like mycheckfree until many of the card companies chose not to allow their bills to be paid on the service. Now it is a lot more difficult to keep track of all the web sites needed to pay our bills. Paper may actually be easier...

morbo
Complete Your Transaction
join:2002-01-22

morbo

rare cases are when a spouse suddenly dies or is unable to communicate with the other spouse. that is rare. for all other instances, providing an instruction sheet for the spouse that doesn't do the bills or know the set up as well would solve the problem of people going out of town, getting sent to Iraq, etc.