spc
Search similar:

uniqs

lineman2010
@centurytel.net

lineman2010

Anon

westell E90-610015-06 can i use it with centurytel

i recently upgraded my dsl from 3mb to 10mb, but my current model can only go up to 5mb.

so i bought a dsl modem off craigslist

westell E90-610015-06 rev c it was used for verizon.

im having a hard time getting this thing to work for centurytel. i have a router already that i like. been trying to put this thing in to bridge mode and it says i have, but i can't get any connection out of it?

will this even work with centurytel? should i upgrade the firmware?

can anyone give me some hints on getting it working.

thanks

seagreen
Mod
join:2001-05-14
out there

seagreen

Mod

Can't answer the question about the modem model. Mine is a E90-610014-06 so it's a different model than what you have.

Here are the instructions I used to set my Westell modem into bridge mode: »members.verizon.net/~res ··· 6100.htm You'll need to figure out what the IP address range is that the modem is using and set a computer to another IP address in that same range. You probably already know that if you've gotten into the modem settings already.

(ignore all references to MAC filtering/cloning - the instructions were written for Verizon users)

lineman2009
@centurytel.net

lineman2009

Anon

thanks for the instructions.

im looking to set this up with my router. both the router and the modem are using the same ip address. should i change one?

seagreen
Mod
join:2001-05-14
out there

seagreen

Mod

Yeah - I have my modem at 192.168.0.1 and the router at 192.168.1.1.
stroonza
join:2004-12-27
Trussville, AL

stroonza to lineman2010

to lineman2010
be sure to set the VPI/VCI. I had to set my zoom modem to VPI=8 and VCI=35 to work.

Sheridan
join:2008-10-26
Sheridan, MI

Sheridan

said by stroonza:

be sure to set the VPI/VCI. I had to set my zoom modem to VPI=8 and VCI=35 to work.
correct I am using an ATT modem w/ CLink and it works just fine the westell seemed buggy.