share rss forum feed
« New Speeds!
prev page · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24 · 25 · 26 · next

Io4

join:2010-02-14
Jackson, WY
reply to Io4

Re: Massive Slowdowns?

Third day in a row! I'm assuming Bresnan has given up!

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Denver, CO
reply to bigburd
Sigh. My connection right now - 386ms (unacceptable)
101kbit download
260kbit upload.

So right now my speed is twice as fast as a 56K connection.

12 more days and I am canceling.
--
Whats smells like blue?

Fasttazz

join:2009-11-08
Cheyenne, WY
said by Omega:

12 more days and I am canceling.
Give it about 15 days or so.I am waiting till my renewal for the month on the sixth.

I talked with a tech 2.5 on the phone and supposedly,they will have it fixed by the first of the month.New equipment that is supposed to be in place now,will be fired up in March.(keeps fingers crossed) If it is not back to narmal,i will prolly get another month free. Then if not acceptable will cancel April sixth.

koolkid1563
Premium,MVM
join:2005-11-06
Powell, WY
History certainly does repeat itself. I remember they were going to add something before, seemed to mitigate the issue at hand but it came back a few months later. Now they are adding more equipment/resources for it to limp along for how much longer before it cuts out again?

kckid

@bresnan.net
reply to bigburd
Well my speeds are up from my last post----up from 375 to 441 Kbps! Smokin!

Sorry to see so many talking about jumping ship. I guess I'm going to be pretty lonely in this forum:) I wish Buffalo had more choices for ISP's.

Speed Test #86665780 by dslreports.com
Run: 2010-02-18 19:55:28 EST
Download: 441 (Kbps)
Upload: 367 (Kbps)
In kilobytes per second: 53.8 down 44.7 up
Boost: 555
Latency: 142 ms
Tested by server: 5726 flash
User: anonymous
User's DNS: bresnan.net

Quento

@usa-companies.net
reply to bigburd
the laurel/billings area seems to be ok, i have 5 meg with cable mt.
The lowest i've seen my speeds during the evening lately is 1-2 megs.

miniskunk

join:2008-04-13
Cut Bank, MT
reply to bigburd
Sighs....another mass outage tonight.....the nets were down for 4 hours. Bresnan is still as reliable as ever.

Quento21

join:2007-09-28
Laurel, MT
reply to bigburd
i also noticed my internet went down, though i restarted my modem since it was stuck on upstream and it started right back up and ran fine after that. update?

snooper4

join:2009-09-26
Anaconda, MT
reply to bigburd
i just talked to the tech last night in person according to him he said that they are going to run new fiber network in place by next week so hopefully our latency problem will go away soon,
and yes they were running out of bandwidith and is being over subscribed.so hang in there guys..

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
Denver, CO
reply to bigburd
Well right now my ping is pretty good, some even under 100ms! Speed is about ~2mbit which is fine with me, all I want are low pings!
--
Whats smells like blue?

Fasttazz

join:2009-11-08
Cheyenne, WY
my pings have been fair tonight as well.At least my bullets are not getting lost in cyberspace......................

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
reply to bigburd
Been downloading for most of the night.. It's been between 1.5 to 1.7 MB/sec (around 13926kbps).

Yes.. it's a rather huge file..

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
Denver, CO
reply to bigburd
Maybe I'm speaking too soon...but perhaps they fixed it?

It only took them 6 months, but maybe, just maybe they did something right.
--
Whats smells like blue?

allup

@bresnan.net
reply to bigburd
well i am still having issues the same time out as before i hope for all our sake this upgrade is true.
I am about to gouge my eyes out to not have to see it

mrreliable

@bresnan.net
reply to Omega
they added a couple more routers in cheyenne area

RMontCO

join:2010-02-23

1 edit
reply to bigburd
Click for full size
Bresnan speedtest.net
Click for full size
Bresnan Speed test

This has become absolutely ridiculous! These are screen shots of a "good" night! Bresnan is absolutely unresponsive to this problem and will only say it is not their problem (after blaming my equipment and insisting that I connect directly to their modem to perform tests.)

I have had it with them.

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
Denver, CO
reply to mrreliable
said by mrreliable :

they added a couple more routers in cheyenne area
Well, that did it. Ping is low, speeds are acceptable. I am a satisfied customer once again.

Why they didn't do this months ago is beyond me.
--
Whats smells like blue?

mrreliable

@bresnan.net
reply to bigburd
oh trust me I work there and I it took quite a while of everyday complaining.

koolkid1563
Premium,MVM
Powell, WY
Meh, still nowhere near where I would expect a 15/1 line to work at but I almost don't even care anymore. Between our service that we had with Bresnan in Powell before we switched ISPs and the service I currently have with Bresnan here in Butte I am getting the notion that this is just how it is and really do believe there are those areas that get great service...just not the ones I have lived in. Maybe I have just been 'spoiled' by too many good ISPs over the last decade or so to lower the bar so much that I can be happy on this level of connection. But alas, this is as good as it gets as there aren't too many choices for me...Anyways, enough ranting and on to the tests:

There was nothing in the background running on any of these tests. I had my bandwidth monitor up and it would go to about 1-3Kb/s up and down when not running tests.

koolkid1563
Premium,MVM
Powell, WY
Think I should clarify - don't get my wrong...5Mb/s isn't bad nor is 2 when put into retrospect with some of the offerings in some areas of the country. What gets me is these are coming off of a connection advertised as 15/1...

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
Denver, CO
You should downgrade to 8mbit...if you aren't getting your advertised speed, there is no reason to pay them more money a month.
--
Whats smells like blue?

koolkid1563
Premium,MVM
Powell, WY

1 edit
I would but usually during non-peak hours when I really need my VPN connection I can get decent upload speeds which is why I keep it around. We did downgrade in Powell before we switched ISPs but upload wasn't too important for me back than. Since they added their additional bandwidth things have gone lower than the 'norm'.

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
reply to Omega
said by Omega:

You should downgrade to 8mbit...if you aren't getting your advertised speed, there is no reason to pay them more money a month.
I would suggest that, too.. Unless he needs the upload (3x faster than the 8mbps package).
--
Bresnan 15M/1M|MyWS[P4HT@3.2GHz,2GB RAM,2x1TB HDDs,Win7]|WifeWS[P4HT@3GHz,2GB RAM,60GB HDD,Win7]|Router[2xP3@1GHz,640MB RAM,18GB HDD,Allied Telesyn AT-2560FX,Kingston KNE100TX,2xDigital DE504,Compaq NC3131,iPro/1000DP,Blitz BWI715,Gentoo Linux]

koolkid1563
Premium,MVM
Powell, WY

1 edit
Hm, network outage (fun). Guess I needed to go to bed anyways. Modem can sync the downstream channel but can't find the upstream channel to lock onto. Called and they said they have a network outage in the area (tethering from my phone to post this).

Io4

join:2010-02-14
Jackson, WY
reply to bigburd
And, the problem is back yet again.

kckid

join:2010-02-27
Buffalo, WY
Slacker radio cutting in and out. Lots of "slackin" going on---still.

Speed Test #87020776 by dslreports.com
Run: 2010-03-01 18:01:17 EST
Download: 318 (Kbps)
Upload: 382 (Kbps)
In kilobytes per second: 38.8 down 46.6 up
Boost: 1447
Latency: 154 ms
Tested by server: 5726 flash
User: 1714342 @ dslreports.com
User's DNS: bresnan.net
Compared to the average of 32 tests from bresnan.net:
* download is 91% worse, upload is 27% worse

nate2073

join:2007-09-05
Helena, MT
reply to bigburd
This is the single most active thread on our little forum, lol. Over 600 replies and some 35 pages. I have not read this thread since it was first started. I wonder if Bresnan monitors this thread. Anyway I'm glad that we have some activity in our little forum, would be nice if Bresnan was a little more aggressive in upping speeds and reducing prices. But we all know that won't happen until there are big changes in the laws of this country. Anyhoo I just thought it was kind of interesting the number of replies in this thread.

koolkid1563
Premium,MVM
Powell, WY
reply to koolkid1563
This may come as no surprise...Speeds are back in the dump again. It has been nice the last week or two after they made their 'upgrade' but that seems to have been short lived.

CyberAxe

join:2001-03-24
Grand Junction, CO
reply to bigburd
Same here in Grand Junction, Colorado. I'm so feed up of them telling me it's my router I tossed it out. No more router/firewall! Nothing, I've unpluged everything for months and still don't get more than 2mb.

CyberAxe

join:2001-03-24
Grand Junction, CO
reply to bigburd
here is 9 months of 2 times over 2mb outside bresnans network.

»/testhistory/351926/9ff7c

PLEASE PLEASE complain!