All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
« New Speeds!
This is a sub-selection from Massive Slowdowns?

soadlink

join:2002-11-17
USA
reply to bigburd

Re: Massive Slowdowns?

When they say "it's not in our network, not our problem" it makes me furious. That is such terrible customer service, and a cop out. I can understand a major jump down the line, but when it's one of their backbones to the internet they need to say "thank you for letting us know, we will speak with our engineers, and get in contact 360 networks to try and resolve the issue as soon as possible"... or whoever the backbone is.

I work at a hospital in IT..if our connection to the provider was suffering/out, and employees were complaining, and I said "not our network, not our problem" I would be in big trouble if this got out. OK it's not the exact same situation, but in general my point stands -- just say you will do your best to help fix the problem, even if you know it's going to be a difficult/lengthy one to solve.

bigburd

join:2009-09-14
Butte, MT
kudos:1

actually your situation is quite the same.. you by your employer, as is bresnan by us, are both being paid to provide a service which you contractually agreed to provide.. This would be like you clocking in for an 8 hour day and taking an 4 hour nap. At least if I'm only getting half my bandwidth.