All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

atnex.net down?

external »www.mob.net/~ted/tools/dns.php3 can't resolve atnex.net. Can't access email servers although internet access via dsl. Anybody else seeing this?

billmax

join:2006-05-05
Roswell, GA

2 edits

Yes I have some of the same symptoms (in Alpharetta).
DSL sync & internet access still OK (I use OpenDNS). Atnex email & servers have disappeared - I hope they're not under water.

EDIT: I'm back up @1:40 PM 9/21/09, but I'm also in the middle of a nice little lightening storm

reply to anonymous2

That is we can access the internet via dsl.

malk

@comcast.net

No DSL connectivity I can t even tracert. I am dead at the gateway with synch.... Major outage either with AT@T or downtown data center.

kimjoy24

@ajc.com
reply to anonymous2

No atnex DSL service since sometime early this a.m. here in Midtown. Phone # is now ringing busy.

When your atnex service comes back up, please indicate so here, thx.

imnlfn

@208.89.100.x
reply to anonymous2

DNS servers are down for me and I cannot resolve atnex.net or atlanticnexus.com (probably part and parcel of the same issue). I had to change my DNS servers to those from where I work.

Otherwise, my connection seems to be more or less fine. I did have to power cycle my DSL modem at one point to reestablish it, though.

fkienker

@sbcglobal.net
reply to anonymous2

This does not appear to just a Atlantic Nexus. Time Warner Business Services is suffering exactly the same problem. With the weather in Atlanta and all of the flooding it's very possible something in underwater which should not be.

slick1ru23

join:2003-06-07
Marietta, GA
reply to anonymous2

I learned in the other topic its a DNS problem. OpendDNS is a reliable DNS you can use. You have to change it in your router. 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 are the DNS server addresses.

kimjoy24

@ajc.com
reply to anonymous2

Service back up in Midtown, at least for now.

slick1ru23

join:2003-06-07
Marietta, GA
reply to anonymous2

Still can't connect to the mail server. I have had a DNS problem with them before, their DNS server couldn't resolve the Play Station Network. I am sticking with OpenDNS after this incident.

BobMerritt

join:2002-12-31
Conyers, GA
reply to anonymous2

At home switched to OpenDNS early this morning... however here at work we have an ATT DSL and we're having some issues too... doing some trace routes back out my home DSL, seeing it is up, and the ATNEX DNS on .2 appears to be up. Also, saw lots of failed packets going thru the ATT routers back to ATNEX.

Be patient....

Island boy

join:2009-09-21
Dacula, GA
reply to anonymous2

Looks like it's back up. I think I'll still switch to OpenDNS. Now that I have my shiny new account and all...

I.B.

timbob6
Premium
join:2005-10-06
Powder Springs, GA
reply to anonymous2

To all of our customers:
Our business office was in the flood zone in Powder Springs so the majority of our support staff were unable to arrive at the call center this am. Many awoke to find their houses under several feet of water. I would like to thank our loyal Atnex staff members who overcame many physical obstacles this am to get this outage resolved. I would also like to thank our customers for your patience in working through this local Natural Disaster.

Sincerely,

Tim Barton
Chief Operations Officer
Atlantic Nexus

timbob6
Premium
join:2005-10-06
Powder Springs, GA

The root cause was traced to a core switch facing our DNS servers that was failed over and replaced. For any customers experiencing ongoing issues, please contact us at »www.atnex.net/contactus.htm