uniqs

jchambers28
Premium Member
join:2007-05-12
Peculiar, MO

jchambers28

Premium Member

network neutrality

I hope it goes threw and starts to punish companies for throttling and capping and charging overages for internet use. The FCC should put their foot up these types of company's ass .
petecarlson
join:2004-11-06
Baltimore, MD

petecarlson

It has nothing to do with throttling, capping, or charging overages for internet use as these things are, for the most part, network neutral. Want dedicated bandwidth? Pay for it. Think your provider is abusing monopoly power and their right of way? Complain about that and I might just back you up.
nevtxjustin
join:2006-04-18
Dallas, TX

nevtxjustin to jchambers28

to jchambers28
said by jchambers28:

I hope it goes threw and starts to punish companies for throttling and capping and charging overages for internet use.
I simply cannot understand your twisted logic.

* I am an ISP.
* I have to buy my bandwidth from a higher tier provider.
* You want me to give you all the bandwidth you want and want ME to pay for it.

Perhaps a simple analogy. I am a gas station owner and I buy gas in bulk from a fuel distributor. Now just because I sell gas, you want me to give you all the gas you want, even if it means I have to pay for it out of my own pocket.

It cost me...yes, I have to PAY for the bandwidth my customers use. I cap them at 30 GB per month, its in my contract. If you exceed 2 GB per 24-hours, I throttle your connection, its in my contract. If you don't like it, don't sign the contract.
petecarlson
join:2004-11-06
Baltimore, MD

petecarlson

said by nevtxjustin:

It cost me...yes, I have to PAY for the bandwidth my customers use. I cap them at 30 GB per month, its in my contract. If you exceed 2 GB per 24-hours, I throttle your connection, its in my contract. If you don't like it, don't sign the contract.
This is a network neutral method of managing bandwidth. I don't see an issue with it as long as you are not granted a right of way which creates a monopoly in your service area.

jchambers28
Premium Member
join:2007-05-12
Peculiar, MO
·Comcast XFINITY

jchambers28 to nevtxjustin

Premium Member

to nevtxjustin
I think the whole capping ant throttling thing is another way to screw over the consumer. The network providers like Laval 3 don't cap or throttle their connections what gives the ISP's that write to do so. The ISP's that CAP and throttle connections are a bunch of GREEDY bastards. Also weir are not talking about gas here were talking about internet use here.