join:2001-03-28
Saint Louis, MO

1 edit

tiger72 to detfan

Premium Member

to detfan

Re: Apple - King of Media

said by detfan:

I am no Apple fan. You seriously cannot be this blind!!!
MMS is all on AT&T, AT&T did not get 2rd party software to work..Its a hack from someone other then AT&T and you cannot even get it unless you jailbreak your phone. it also does not work very well (FOR AT&T USers) at all and mostly not for very long because they end of making it not work. You have no idea what your talking about. Stop hating, go try one before actinkg like you do.
right so i'm going to repost the "more informative" part of my removed posts:

ATT has no affiliation with SwirlyMMS. That's not what i'm talking about when I say they had to work around Apple's lack of MMS support.

I was referring to the website that ATT directs your received MMS messages to for viewing. Since it's not supported on the phone, I labeled it "3rd party". I guess it's technically "2nd" party, since ATT set it up as a service to its customers who couldn't receive MMS thanks to Apple's lack of support. This still didn't allow for sending MMS in any official means, of course. Why? Because the OS didn't support sending MMS.

I'm well aware of Apple's lack of official support of MMS until 3.0, considering my own ownership of an iPhone that i'm using on T-Mobile. This is something i've alread posted in this thread.

Gbcue
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA

Gbcue to detfan

Premium Member

to detfan
said by detfan:

I am no Apple fan. You seriously cannot be this blind!!!
MMS is all on AT&T, AT&T did not get 2rd party software to work..Its a hack from someone other then AT&T and you cannot even get it unless you jailbreak your phone. it also does not work very well (FOR AT&T USers) at all and mostly not for very long because they end of making it not work. You have no idea what your talking about. Stop hating, go try one before actinkg like you do.
What are you talking about?

MMS is *not* all AT&T. Apple didn't have the capability to do MMS from iPhone 1.0.

What is a hack? MMS? Why do all other phones have MMS then?

You have no idea what you're talking about.

APPLE & AT&T are BOTH to blame!
Gbcue

Gbcue to tiger72

Premium Member

to tiger72
said by tiger72:

I have a hardon for placing blame where it's due. If I didn't like the phone at all, I wouldn't own one. See below:
Before OS 3.0, Apple didn't support it. Apple fankids seem to "forget" stuff like that. I own an iPhone (and a G1) which my girlfriend uses on T-Mobile. Yes it does MMS now thanks to the 3.0 software. Before? Not so much. Not without swirlyMMS - and I don't exactly count requiring 3rd party apps to get MMS as Apple "supporting" MMS on the iPhone.

So again, place blame where it's due. Blame ATT for their horrible 3g call quality, dropped calls, and poor data in the bigger cities, but the inability to do MMS was APPLE's creation, and the lack of support now is *mostly* thanks to Apple's original lack of support. The iPhone's lack of support of a decade-old technology required ATT to use a different system for receiving MMS, and now iPhone fankids are blaming ATT because it's taking a few months longer to reconfigure those settings.

You kids were obviously happy with the first 2 years of not having that basic feature - why so pissy about an extra few months?
This is so true. Apple fanbois is try to defend Steve at all costs.

Apple didn't install the MMS software until 3.0.

It is BOTH AT&T's and APPLE's FAULT.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to Metatron2008

Premium Member

to Metatron2008
You need to seriously seek help for the anger problem you have.. AND for the fact that you're sitting here trying to make Windows out to be gold while throwing daggers at everyone else over their choice or desire of software and hardware.

Bandido
@12.188.224.x

Bandido to Gbcue

Anon

to Gbcue
So it WAS Apple, because if you jailbraked your phone, you could send MMS messages using AT&T, but the "Untouched" software for the Iphone didn't support that and there wasn't "an App for that". You actually had to go the not so "Legit" way, against Apple's Biblical Teachings and sin by Jailbraking your phone.

Gbcue
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA

Gbcue

Premium Member

said by Bandido :

So it WAS Apple, because if you jailbraked your phone, you could send MMS messages using AT&T, but the "Untouched" software for the Iphone didn't support that and there wasn't "an App for that". You actually had to go the not so "Legit" way, against Apple's Biblical Teachings and sin by Jailbraking your phone.
There we go.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008 to fiberguy2

Premium Member

to fiberguy2
said by fiberguy2:

You need to seriously seek help for the anger problem you have.. AND for the fact that you're sitting here trying to make Windows out to be gold while throwing daggers at everyone else over their choice or desire of software and hardware.
You are hilarious. I present facts, you whine, and it's obviously due to me bashing your Apple. I didn't know which version of Nahelem was running on the Mac Pro, but it doesn't matter since Xeon and X7 are BOTH the same type of chip, only one is for desktops and one for servers.
Metatron2008

Metatron2008 to Bandido

Premium Member

to Bandido
said by Bandido :

Funny how 3rd party hacks are better use for people then 'the king of medias' regular software...

King of media... Those Apple fanboys need to try using other stuff before making such idiotic remarks.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to Metatron2008

Premium Member

to Metatron2008
You're so caught up in apple bashing you have no idea what you're even talking about...

For one, I have 20 Windows machines, 6 of them are servers.. I have one iPhone, and one Mac Book Pro.. so I guess I'm an apple fanboy..

Seriously.. time to grow up.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

said by fiberguy2:

You're so caught up in apple bashing you have no idea what you're even talking about...

For one, I have 20 Windows machines, 6 of them are servers.. I have one iPhone, and one Mac Book Pro.. so I guess I'm an apple fanboy..

Seriously.. time to grow up.
Grow up? I've had the grown up discussion sad to say.

You Apple fanboys have ranted about them being the 'king of media'. The only real examples you gave were them being the best sellers of the dying music industry, and selling devices.

Lets understand some things. First, yes, the music industry IS DYING. Every year the music industry takes in less money. The movie and gaming industries at this point are far larger, and while Itunes sells these products, it certainly doesn't lead in sells.

If you honestly think that Apple is the 'king of media', you are an Apple fanboy, no matter how many windows machines you have.