You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008 to baineschile

Premium Member

to baineschile

Re: Apple - King of Media

King of Media? I suppose all you do is go to the Apple Store every day to hang out with people like you?

Time
Premium Member
join:2003-07-05
Irvine, CA

Time

Premium Member

said by Metatron2008:

King of Media? I suppose all you do is go to the Apple Store every day to hang out with people like you?
iTunes is the largest music seller in the world. They manufacture some of the most successful portable devices that ALSO handle media.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
united state

1 recommendation

Metatron2008

Premium Member

Music seller? The slowly collapsing music industry now makes you a king of media?

And other devices that handle media? You mean the same way pcs handle media, or things like Wii, Xbox 360, PS3?

The only thing Apple is king of is overpricing things.

Time
Premium Member
Irvine, CA

1 recommendation

Time

Premium Member

said by Metatron2008:

Music seller? The slowly collapsing music industry now makes you a king of media?

And other devices that handle media? You mean the same way pcs handle media, or things like Wii, Xbox 360, PS3?

Obviously I can't argue with ignorance.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
united state

1 edit

Metatron2008

Premium Member

said by Time:

said by Metatron2008:

Ignorance? You mean the same ignorance that got me a core i7 920, 6 gigs ram, and a asus p6t system with 2 1tb drives (1 internal, 1 external), at microcenter/newegg for less then $1,000 versus the $2,400 price for the same system on a Mac Pro?

Except the Mac Pro had worse ram and smaller hard drive.

If you count my entire system (Antec 900 case, $200 gtx 260), the amount comes to around $1600.

If that's ignorance, then what is not?

Time
Premium Member
Irvine, CA

Time

Premium Member

said by Metatron2008:

said by Time:

said by Metatron2008:

Ignorance? You mean the same ignorance that got me a core i7 920, 6 gigs ram, and a asus p6t system with 2 1tb drives (1 internal, 1 external), at microcenter/newegg for less then $1,000 versus the $2,400 price for the same system on a Mac Pro?

Except the Mac Pro had worse ram and smaller hard drive.

If you count my entire system (Antec 900 case, $200 gtx 260), the amount comes to around $1600.

If that's ignorance, then what is not?
The Mac Pro doesn't use an i7, it uses the Nehalem Xeon which are close to $1000 alone.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

Whatever. Last I looked at a Mac Pro they used the i7 processors.

And the fact that the Mac Pro uses A Xeon that is EXACTLY THE SAME as my 1366 but has ECC or support for multiple cpus is not helping your point.

Time
Premium Member
Irvine, CA

Time

Premium Member

said by Metatron2008:

And the fact that the Mac Pro uses A Xeon that is EXACTLY THE SAME as my 1366 but has ECC or support for multiple cpus is not helping your point.
Obviously you've never looked at a Mac Pro then.

Your point is that Macs are too expensive. Either you're a Windows fanboy, or you are simply angry that another individual has more cash to drop on a desktop than you do. When I bought my Mac Pro, I knew I was getting a desktop that used quality parts with an OS that is 10x more stable (and less of a resource hog) than the piece of shit Vista is. Windows 7 is obviously a different story, and I've got my copy pre-ordered and a bootcamp partition waiting. You like PCs, I like Macs, get over yourself.

As far as your comment earlier:
Please consult a grade school English teacher regarding reading comprehension. I said "PORTABLE" devices.
What the hell does the "collapsing music industry" have to do with Apple and iTunes? I mentioned the fact that iTunes is the largest "music store" with the most customers, and that is your response? Considering Apple sells not only music, but movies, podcasts, and TV Shows, I'd say "yes", they are the king of media in combination with their highly popular portable (there's that word again) devices.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
united state

2 edits

Metatron2008

Premium Member

said by Time:

said by Metatron2008:

Obviously you've never looked at a Mac Pro then.

Your point is that Macs are too expensive. Either you're a Windows fanboy, or you are simply angry that another individual has more cash to drop on a desktop than you do. When I bought my Mac Pro, I knew I was getting a desktop that used quality parts with an OS that is 10x more stable (and less of a resource hog) than the piece of shit Vista is. Windows 7 is obviously a different story, and I've got my copy pre-ordered and a bootcamp partition waiting. You like PCs, I like Macs, get over yourself.

As far as your comment earlier:
Please consult a grade school English teacher regarding reading comprehension. I said "PORTABLE" devices.
What the hell does the "collapsing music industry" have to do with Apple and iTunes? I mentioned the fact that iTunes is the largest "music store" with the most customers, and that is your response? Considering Apple sells not only music, but movies, podcasts, and TV Shows, I'd say "yes", they are the king of media in combination with their highly popular portable (there's that word again) devices.
More money to spend? I just bought an EEE Box for my kitchen. No, you Apple fanboys are amusing, in the fact that you waste money on overpriced goods.

And I put Ubuntu on the kitchen pc, so don't start with accusations of me being a windows fanboy. I put together all of my pcs, and I take 30 minutes to do it. Is $800-1000 for the rest of the pc worth my 30 minutes to put it together?

All parts are made in China, just like all windows pc. Your overpaying for a pretty shell and different OS.

And that makes you the king of media again? Again, lots of places do exactly as you said, including Amazon.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to Metatron2008

to Metatron2008
Yes it does. Xeos are lower-power, and Intel stands behind them in a business sense.

That said, I'm not buying a Mac Pro anytime soon. However I like my late 2007 iMac, my early 2009 MacBook and will probably get the video iPod nano after I review it.

Also, the music industry isn't collapsing. It's just changing and the RIAA is whining about the changes being made. iTunes bolstered this new music industry and is doing quite well for itself. Apple is actually the #1 manufacturer of PMPs in the US and possibly the world, though I'm not sure on the last part. I think Sandisk and Creative are second and third respecitvely, but they're WAAAAAAAY down the list.

There are fanboys (I'm not one of them...not after Apple decided to keep the iPhone on the nation's least reliable wireless network) and there are haters. You appear to fall in the latter group. The haters IMO are worse off.

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx to Metatron2008

Premium Member

to Metatron2008
said by Metatron2008:

The fact that Mac Pros have NEVER run i7 processors isn't helping you counter-argue his point about your ignorance.

Mac Pros are professional grade gear, comparable to the Dell Precision workstations. ECC memory exists for a reason.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

Xeons are made for servers, not desktops, genius. Servers usually run Windows or Linux, not OSX. Either way, it's highly idiotic.

And btw, core i7 is far better for normal desktop use then Xeons.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to Metatron2008

Premium Member

to Metatron2008
Seriously.. get over yourself... if the PC platform works for you, then go for it.. if the mac platform works - great.. I have both and I see good in both. Honestly, not a single crash on my mac book pro.. worth every penny for that machine. I also have a vista machine that I paid less for but also get less reliability.. but it CAN do more than the mac..

But, you're acting and sounding like a child here.. the very fact you're attacking price exposes some sort of personal issue you've got going on in your head.. to attack someone for allegedly spending too much money on something puts you at about the 5th grade mentality... what people spend is non of your business. The fact you say "you apple fanboys are amusing" while defending your own turf makes you, yourself a "fanboy"... I don't care what you're a fan of on either side.. "fanboys" make me want to vomit in the first place as you guys think that you're some sort of player in the creation of the object you love so much.. you're just a consumer..

You have something that works for you.. great.. shut up and leave everyone the hell alone.
fiberguy2

fiberguy2 to Metatron2008

Premium Member

to Metatron2008
said by Metatron2008:

Xeons are made for servers, not desktops, genius. Servers usually run Windows or Linux, not OSX. Either way, it's highly idiotic.

Really, smartass? »www.apple.com/server/macosx/

and servers still operate on Unix as well.. similarly to what Linux is based on which is what apple O/S is based on too.. hrmmmmm... back to the drawing board for you?

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

said by fiberguy2:

said by Metatron2008:

Really, smartass? »www.apple.com/server/macosx/

and servers still operate on Unix as well.. similarly to what Linux is based on which is what apple O/S is based on too.. hrmmmmm... back to the drawing board for you?
Before you link me to Apple's server page, you may want to actually know facts...

»www.eweek.com/c/a/Linux- ··· -Server/
quote:
In 2000, Windows comprised about half of the server operating system market, followed by Unix and Netware at about 17 percent each and Linux reaching towards 10 percent, she said, noting that today Windows owns about 70 percent, Linux about 20 percent, with Unix below 10 percent and Netware barely registering.
The server market is dominated by Windows and Linux, and showing Apples product makes as much sense as me making a server OS and linking you to it. No matter how much you want to cry about it, Linux and Microsoft are what matters in the server market.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member

fiberguy2

Premium Member

You need to seriously seek help for the anger problem you have.. AND for the fact that you're sitting here trying to make Windows out to be gold while throwing daggers at everyone else over their choice or desire of software and hardware.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

said by fiberguy2:

You need to seriously seek help for the anger problem you have.. AND for the fact that you're sitting here trying to make Windows out to be gold while throwing daggers at everyone else over their choice or desire of software and hardware.
You are hilarious. I present facts, you whine, and it's obviously due to me bashing your Apple. I didn't know which version of Nahelem was running on the Mac Pro, but it doesn't matter since Xeon and X7 are BOTH the same type of chip, only one is for desktops and one for servers.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member

fiberguy2

Premium Member

You're so caught up in apple bashing you have no idea what you're even talking about...

For one, I have 20 Windows machines, 6 of them are servers.. I have one iPhone, and one Mac Book Pro.. so I guess I'm an apple fanboy..

Seriously.. time to grow up.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

said by fiberguy2:

You're so caught up in apple bashing you have no idea what you're even talking about...

For one, I have 20 Windows machines, 6 of them are servers.. I have one iPhone, and one Mac Book Pro.. so I guess I'm an apple fanboy..

Seriously.. time to grow up.
Grow up? I've had the grown up discussion sad to say.

You Apple fanboys have ranted about them being the 'king of media'. The only real examples you gave were them being the best sellers of the dying music industry, and selling devices.

Lets understand some things. First, yes, the music industry IS DYING. Every year the music industry takes in less money. The movie and gaming industries at this point are far larger, and while Itunes sells these products, it certainly doesn't lead in sells.

If you honestly think that Apple is the 'king of media', you are an Apple fanboy, no matter how many windows machines you have.
« iPhone MMSIt's Friday »
This is a sub-selection from Apple - King of Media