join:2001-03-28
Saint Louis, MO
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to Qumahlin

Re: Apple - King of Media

said by Qumahlin:

said by tiger72:

How is Apple "King of Media" when it took them 3 years to enable the most basic multimedia feature on cell phones for over a decade? The Multimedia Message. Of course, leave it to Apple fankids to forget that, and only point the blame at ATT (which happily allows MMS for everyone else).
It's simple. It's not an apple issue. I had MMS on my 2g iphone, I have MMS on my 3g iphone. It has nothing to do with the phone, its ATT...thats why "apple fankids" point to ATT.
And friends on ATT had MMS on their nokias and motorolas and samsungs for years, and continue to have them. On ATT. Hrmm, so it seems like that's not ATT's "lack of support".
Are you really under the impression the iphone hasn't supported MMS because of Apple? Do you see Apple mentioned in this article? Is Apple the ones running the MMSC servers? Is apple also operating on the side as a MMS aggregator that no one but you is aware of?
Ahh, yes the fankid comes out. The fact that ATT had to use a 3rd party solution for the iPhone (which is partially to blame for this mess) is apparently irrelevant. The first 2 years that the iPhone didn't support MMS was fine, but god forbid ATT have issues manually resetting people's iPhone-tagged accounts to direct messages back to the phones a few months after Apple (in their infinite wisdom) finally supports a standard that's been around for over a decade.
You do realize MMS is set in the CARRIER profile right? Last I checked Apple was not the carrier anymore than Motorola is a carrier.
And last I checked, the carrier (ATT) supports MMS on every other device.

If ATT was so concerned about data issues from MMS (which your iphone fanboi blogs like to contend), they could simply do what most network operators do: restrict the content size. downrez photos to 640x480, and limit video to 30 seconds (only on the 3gs of course, the first 2 iphones apparently can't do that very basic multimedia feature either).

Is ATT partially at fault for all of this? Yes. Is Apple? YES.

Only you fankids think that Apple's infallible hands are clean of this mess.
--
"What makes us omniscient? Have we a record of omniscience? ...If we can't persuade nations with comparable values of the merit of our cause, we'd better reexamine our reasoning."
-United States Secretary of Defense (1961-1968) Robert S. McNamara

k1ll3rdr4g0n

join:2005-03-19
Homer Glen, IL

said by tiger72:

said by Qumahlin:

said by tiger72:

How is Apple "King of Media" when it took them 3 years to enable the most basic multimedia feature on cell phones for over a decade? The Multimedia Message. Of course, leave it to Apple fankids to forget that, and only point the blame at ATT (which happily allows MMS for everyone else).
It's simple. It's not an apple issue. I had MMS on my 2g iphone, I have MMS on my 3g iphone. It has nothing to do with the phone, its ATT...thats why "apple fankids" point to ATT.
And friends on ATT had MMS on their nokias and motorolas and samsungs for years, and continue to have them. On ATT. Hrmm, so it seems like that's not ATT's "lack of support".
Are you really under the impression the iphone hasn't supported MMS because of Apple? Do you see Apple mentioned in this article? Is Apple the ones running the MMSC servers? Is apple also operating on the side as a MMS aggregator that no one but you is aware of?
Ahh, yes the fankid comes out. The fact that ATT had to use a 3rd party solution for the iPhone (which is partially to blame for this mess) is apparently irrelevant. The first 2 years that the iPhone didn't support MMS was fine, but god forbid ATT have issues manually resetting people's iPhone-tagged accounts to direct messages back to the phones a few months after Apple (in their infinite wisdom) finally supports a standard that's been around for over a decade.
You do realize MMS is set in the CARRIER profile right? Last I checked Apple was not the carrier anymore than Motorola is a carrier.

If ATT was so concerned about data issues from MMS (which your iphone fanboi blogs like to contend), they could simply do what most network operators do: restrict the content size. downrez photos to 640x480, and limit video to 30 seconds (only on the 3gs of course, the first 2 iphones apparently can't do that very basic multimedia feature either).

Exactly my point that I have been trying to get across for about a year now. When AT&T said that there will not be MMS/TXT support on the iPhone - Apple should have turned around and thrown a fit and alerted the customers and setup ways to complain to AT&T. Or even better, create their own text messaging service...if they can build an OS I am fairly certain they can build something as trivial as a text messaging service. But Apple did NOTHING and sat back and let the money roll in. I don't understand why people support them? I mean I would only support a company who in turn supports the customer. Also, Apple has basically labeled a good chunk of its user base as criminals. Now, that to me is a slap in the face if I ever saw one. But yet people keep buying Apple products *sigh*.

You could be thinking "well it's not the companies responsibility to lead a petition" - it damn well is. Look at Dish network when the main provider of programming wanted to raise the rates? Dish Network said FU to them and instead of raising the rates by $1 I believe it was only raised about half that after everything was said and done. »www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2···6,00.asp

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state

said by k1ll3rdr4g0n:

Exactly my point that I have been trying to get across for about a year now. When AT&T said that there will not be MMS/TXT support on the iPhone - Apple should have turned around and thrown a fit and alerted the customers and setup ways to complain to AT&T. Or even better, create their own text messaging service...if they can build an OS I am fairly certain they can build something as trivial as a text messaging service. But Apple did NOTHING and sat back and let the money roll in. I don't understand why people support them? I mean I would only support a company who in turn supports the customer. Also, Apple has basically labeled a good chunk of its user base as criminals. Now, that to me is a slap in the face if I ever saw one. But yet people keep buying Apple products *sigh*.

You could be thinking "well it's not the companies responsibility to lead a petition" - it damn well is. Look at Dish network when the main provider of programming wanted to raise the rates? Dish Network said FU to them and instead of raising the rates by $1 I believe it was only raised about half that after everything was said and done. »www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2···6,00.asp
All you have to do is mention 'M$' to the idiots and they'll run to Apple like morons to a big van saying 'free candy'

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs
kudos:2

HEY HEY HEY.

That's a van with no windows, driven by an unregistered sex offender with "free candy" on the side.

If you're gonna get it, get it right!
--
Petty people are disproportionably corrupted by petty power…

notafanboy

@rr.com
reply to tiger72

as my name says im not a fan boy however, mms has been included in the iphone software for years, i know for a fact all 3g models shipped from apple had it built in, other countries that have providers that use iphones had enabled mms along time ago, especially those in Europe.

tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium
Saint Louis, MO

1 edit

said by GeekJedi:

You had me interested until you used "fankids".

You've completely discredit your entire opinion. It's hard to take you seriously when you sound like a 12 year-old, much like the guys who feel the need to insert a "$" when they spell Microsoft.

Why don't you just refer to Apple as a bunch of "poopyheads"?
Then you're not my target audience. I'm talking to/about the iphone/apple fankids who choose to ignore reality for their own skewed view of a world where apple is infallible and everyone else is at fault for the shortcomings of their phone. The ones who ate up the original explanation of why the iphone didn't support MMS "because email is more efficient anyways", and thought that was a great excuse.

If you're not an apple fankid, you're not who i'm speaking to.
said by notafanboy :

as my name says im not a fan boy however, mms has been included in the iphone software for years, i know for a fact all 3g models shipped from apple had it built in, other countries that have providers that use iphones had enabled mms along time ago, especially those in Europe.
you mind providing any evidence of this?
iphoneOS didn't support MMS until OS 3.0.
»www.macworld.com/article/141070/···mms.html
--
"What makes us omniscient? Have we a record of omniscience? ...If we can't persuade nations with comparable values of the merit of our cause, we'd better reexamine our reasoning."

detfan
Premium
join:2002-12-29
Livonia, MI
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to tiger72

said by tiger72:

said by Qumahlin:

said by tiger72:

I am no Apple fan. You seriously cannot be this blind!!!
MMS is all on AT&T, AT&T did not get 2rd party software to work..Its a hack from someone other then AT&T and you cannot even get it unless you jailbreak your phone. it also does not work very well (FOR AT&T USers) at all and mostly not for very long because they end of making it not work. You have no idea what your talking about. Stop hating, go try one before actinkg like you do.
Expand your moderator at work

Gbcue
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to detfan

Re: Apple - King of Media

said by detfan:

MMS is all on AT&T, AT&T did not get 2rd party software to work..Its a hack from someone other then AT&T and you cannot even get it unless you jailbreak your phone. it also does not work very well (FOR AT&T USers) at all and mostly not for very long because they end of making it not work. You have no idea what your talking about. Stop hating, go try one before actinkg like you do.
What are you talking about?

MMS is *not* all AT&T. Apple didn't have the capability to do MMS from iPhone 1.0.

What is a hack? MMS? Why do all other phones have MMS then?

You have no idea what you're talking about.

APPLE & AT&T are BOTH to blame!
--
My BLOG!
Black Friday Ads

tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium
Saint Louis, MO

1 edit
reply to detfan

said by detfan:

right so i'm going to repost the "more informative" part of my removed posts:

ATT has no affiliation with SwirlyMMS. That's not what i'm talking about when I say they had to work around Apple's lack of MMS support.

I was referring to the website that ATT directs your received MMS messages to for viewing. Since it's not supported on the phone, I labeled it "3rd party". I guess it's technically "2nd" party, since ATT set it up as a service to its customers who couldn't receive MMS thanks to Apple's lack of support. This still didn't allow for sending MMS in any official means, of course. Why? Because the OS didn't support sending MMS.

I'm well aware of Apple's lack of official support of MMS until 3.0, considering my own ownership of an iPhone that i'm using on T-Mobile. This is something i've alread posted in this thread.
--