fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
reply to Metatron2008

Re: Apple - King of Media

said by Metatron2008:

Xeons are made for servers, not desktops, genius. Servers usually run Windows or Linux, not OSX. Either way, it's highly idiotic.

And btw, core i7 is far better for normal desktop use then Xeons.
Really, smartass? »www.apple.com/server/macosx/

and servers still operate on Unix as well.. similarly to what Linux is based on which is what apple O/S is based on too.. hrmmmmm... back to the drawing board for you?

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state
said by fiberguy:

said by Metatron2008:

Xeons are made for servers, not desktops, genius. Servers usually run Windows or Linux, not OSX. Either way, it's highly idiotic.

And btw, core i7 is far better for normal desktop use then Xeons.
Really, smartass? »www.apple.com/server/macosx/

and servers still operate on Unix as well.. similarly to what Linux is based on which is what apple O/S is based on too.. hrmmmmm... back to the drawing board for you?
Before you link me to Apple's server page, you may want to actually know facts...

»www.eweek.com/c/a/Linux-and-Open···-Server/

quote:
In 2000, Windows comprised about half of the server operating system market, followed by Unix and Netware at about 17 percent each and Linux reaching towards 10 percent, she said, noting that today Windows owns about 70 percent, Linux about 20 percent, with Unix below 10 percent and Netware barely registering.
The server market is dominated by Windows and Linux, and showing Apples product makes as much sense as me making a server OS and linking you to it. No matter how much you want to cry about it, Linux and Microsoft are what matters in the server market.

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
You need to seriously seek help for the anger problem you have.. AND for the fact that you're sitting here trying to make Windows out to be gold while throwing daggers at everyone else over their choice or desire of software and hardware.

Metatron2008
Premium
united state
said by fiberguy:

You need to seriously seek help for the anger problem you have.. AND for the fact that you're sitting here trying to make Windows out to be gold while throwing daggers at everyone else over their choice or desire of software and hardware.
You are hilarious. I present facts, you whine, and it's obviously due to me bashing your Apple. I didn't know which version of Nahelem was running on the Mac Pro, but it doesn't matter since Xeon and X7 are BOTH the same type of chip, only one is for desktops and one for servers.

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
You're so caught up in apple bashing you have no idea what you're even talking about...

For one, I have 20 Windows machines, 6 of them are servers.. I have one iPhone, and one Mac Book Pro.. so I guess I'm an apple fanboy..

Seriously.. time to grow up.

Metatron2008
Premium
united state
said by fiberguy:

You're so caught up in apple bashing you have no idea what you're even talking about...

For one, I have 20 Windows machines, 6 of them are servers.. I have one iPhone, and one Mac Book Pro.. so I guess I'm an apple fanboy..

Seriously.. time to grow up.
Grow up? I've had the grown up discussion sad to say.

You Apple fanboys have ranted about them being the 'king of media'. The only real examples you gave were them being the best sellers of the dying music industry, and selling devices.

Lets understand some things. First, yes, the music industry IS DYING. Every year the music industry takes in less money. The movie and gaming industries at this point are far larger, and while Itunes sells these products, it certainly doesn't lead in sells.

If you honestly think that Apple is the 'king of media', you are an Apple fanboy, no matter how many windows machines you have.