Saint Louis, MO

tiger72 to HappyBunny9

Premium Member

to HappyBunny9

Re: Apple - King of Media

said by sporkme:
said by HappyBunny9:
said by tiger72:

How is Apple "King of Media" when it took them 3 years to enable the most basic multimedia feature on cell phones for over a decade? The Multimedia Message. Of course, leave it to Apple fankids to forget that, and only point the blame at ATT (which happily allows MMS for everyone else).
Because it is AT&T who disables it, not Apple. I have an iPhone on T-Mobile and my MMS has been working for ages.

Check your facts before you just rush to beat on Apple.
Facts, shmacts. The dude has a hard-on for trashing the phone. Who knows why.

The posts are short on facts, like the "oh they need a 3rd party provider", yes, they do, and it's the same one that's doing the MMS junk for the other much more awesome phones that have had MMS for "a decade" (erm..).
I have a hardon for placing blame where it's due. If I didn't like the phone at all, I wouldn't own one. See below:
said by HappyBunny9:
said by tiger72:

How is Apple "King of Media" when it took them 3 years to enable the most basic multimedia feature on cell phones for over a decade? The Multimedia Message. Of course, leave it to Apple fankids to forget that, and only point the blame at ATT (which happily allows MMS for everyone else).
Because it is AT&T who disables it, not Apple. I have an iPhone on T-Mobile and my MMS has been working for ages.

Check your facts before you just rush to beat on Apple.
Before OS 3.0, Apple didn't support it. Apple fankids seem to "forget" stuff like that. I own an iPhone (and a G1) which my girlfriend uses on T-Mobile. Yes it does MMS now thanks to the 3.0 software. Before? Not so much. Not without swirlyMMS - and I don't exactly count requiring 3rd party apps to get MMS as Apple "supporting" MMS on the iPhone.

So again, place blame where it's due. Blame ATT for their horrible 3g call quality, dropped calls, and poor data in the bigger cities, but the inability to do MMS was APPLE's creation, and the lack of support now is *mostly* thanks to Apple's original lack of support. The iPhone's lack of support of a decade-old technology required ATT to use a different system for receiving MMS, and now iPhone fankids are blaming ATT because it's taking a few months longer to reconfigure those settings.

You kids were obviously happy with the first 2 years of not having that basic feature - why so pissy about an extra few months?

Gbcue
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA

Gbcue

Premium Member

said by tiger72:

I have a hardon for placing blame where it's due. If I didn't like the phone at all, I wouldn't own one. See below:
Before OS 3.0, Apple didn't support it. Apple fankids seem to "forget" stuff like that. I own an iPhone (and a G1) which my girlfriend uses on T-Mobile. Yes it does MMS now thanks to the 3.0 software. Before? Not so much. Not without swirlyMMS - and I don't exactly count requiring 3rd party apps to get MMS as Apple "supporting" MMS on the iPhone.

So again, place blame where it's due. Blame ATT for their horrible 3g call quality, dropped calls, and poor data in the bigger cities, but the inability to do MMS was APPLE's creation, and the lack of support now is *mostly* thanks to Apple's original lack of support. The iPhone's lack of support of a decade-old technology required ATT to use a different system for receiving MMS, and now iPhone fankids are blaming ATT because it's taking a few months longer to reconfigure those settings.

You kids were obviously happy with the first 2 years of not having that basic feature - why so pissy about an extra few months?
This is so true. Apple fanbois is try to defend Steve at all costs.

Apple didn't install the MMS software until 3.0.

It is BOTH AT&T's and APPLE's FAULT.
« iPhone MMSIt's Friday »
This is a sub-selection from Apple - King of Media