how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

fxt107

join:2003-01-18
Enola, PA

Will it be different than Turbo/Extreme in Primetime

Just ordered it - can't swap it at Queens locations is what I heard. My only concern is if it will have the same slowdowns that Turbo and Extreme customers feel during primetime.

It will not be work it if I get 2 down between 6 and midnight.

Which is what happened with both my Turbo and Extreme options.

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast

Theoretically since channel bonding will be used the minimum speeds should be at worst 3-4x those of a single-channel solution.

Realistically though, with more channels dedicated to HSI TWC should be able to provide advertised speeds on their service with DOCSIS 3.

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
Premium,MVM
join:2008-01-16
Chandler, AZ
kudos:1

said by iansltx:

Theoretically since channel bonding will be used the minimum speeds should be at worst 3-4x those of a single-channel solution.

Realistically though, with more channels dedicated to HSI TWC should be able to provide advertised speeds on their service with DOCSIS 3.
additionally, as i understand it, the new d3 modems (sb6120 and the sci/atl dpc3000) have 1ghz tuners in them. if twc has upgraded their plant to handle frequencies above 860mhz, they can put several new docsis carriers in the higher frequency band so as to avoid the standard congestion.
this is something similar to what cox has done. typically, (at least in the arizona market), 573 and 579mhz are the usual downstream carriers (though there are some different ones thrown in there as one-offs). for the new d3 extreme tiers, downstream carriers are deployed over 840mhz (i'm not sure the exact upper limit in the frequencies used in the market for cable). this allows for fresh channels to bond to and keeps those paying top doller a little happier.

q.
--
"...if I in my north room dance naked, grotesquely before my mirror waving my shirt round my head and singing softly to myself..."

fxt107

join:2003-01-18
Enola, PA

Has anyone already installed it? Can you shut off their wifi and use your own router? And any speeds yet?? In primetime?