« Dear Verizon
This is a sub-selection from Homebrew

skyfreedomdo
Premium
join:2003-01-01
Boise, ID
reply to hep cat

Re: Homebrew

Another proof again that even if the iPhone comes to Verizon it will be required to have VCRAP on it and i hope says FU Verizon.
ATT inst looking so bad now!
--
SKYFREEDOM NETWORKS
Whatever the angle; We've got you covered.

dlewis23

join:2005-04-18
Boca Raton, FL

said by skyfreedomdo:

Another proof again that even if the iPhone comes to Verizon it will be required to have VCRAP on it and i hope says FU Verizon.
Apple will never go in for having that VCrap stuff on there devices. And this will be verizons down fall. There are going to be the 4 major platforms (Apple, Microsoft, RIM, Google) and they are not gonna be sticking VCrap on there phones.

Noah Vail
Son made my Avatar
Premium
join:2004-12-10
Lorton, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Bright House

said by dlewis23:

There are going to be the 4 major platforms (Apple, Microsoft, RIM, Google)
You forgot Symbian.
said by Information Week :

Symbian is the leading OS in the "smart mobile device" market. Statistics published in November 2008 showed that Symbian OS had a 46.6% share of the smart mobile devices shipped in third quarter of 2008, with Apple having 17.3% (through iPhone OS), RIM having 15.3% and Microsoft having 13.5% (through Windows CE and Windows Mobile).
NV
--
In my perfect religion, a giant hole appears and sucks up all the lousy people.
I call it the Crapture.

ZachAttack

join:2009-05-30
Yorba Linda, CA
reply to dlewis23

Well VZW doesn't seem to be doing too bad, by themselves. If Apple wanted to expand their user base they'd go with the bigger better network. V-Cast isn't bad, yeah it's not open but Verizon hasn't had trouble growing using proprietary software and locked phones. Personally Verizon gives the best service, with the fastest data speeds on Wireless.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

better? no such proof except for JD Powers. And that isn't even proof.

Just because it may work for you there, doesn't mean it's going to work for me in Ohio.

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC
kudos:12
reply to skyfreedomdo

said by skyfreedomdo:

That's quite the stretch. I think it's more than likely exactly what the article states, that after the initial hype, the Pre just isn't that popular. I've held one and played with it and I don't care for the phone either. The OS is slick, but the phone has terrible ergonomics.

ZachAttack

join:2009-05-30
Yorba Linda, CA
reply to hottboiinnc

My family is all over Ohio, in Maumee, Worthington, and Dublin, and they all have and love Verizon. So maybe in NE Ohio or down by Athens it may suck but in the West it's good.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

1 edit

NEO- Cleveland.

Service in Dublin works because that's their main MidWest Call center. As far as Maumee, that can be a laugh. Especially at the size of it compared to the Metro Cities; Cleveland, where TMO and ATT over run VZW

By the way, I'm from the Fremont / Toledo area.