Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tgermon

join:2007-12-31
Vanceboro, NC

1 edit

Skyfx problem 9/27

Anybody else having problems with skyfx/skyway today, 9-27? Service has been very inconsistent all day today. At times it's moving at 700Kbps then drops to 200Kbps or less. Been unresponsive at times also, had to go to dialup. Does anybody know if anyone else is going to pickup the amc6 service again?

HelpfulHermy

@spcsdns.net

Does anyone recall when SkyFX dropped off the face of the earth in April 2007? They were only in business for 8 months, stopped paying all their vendors in timely manner, got shut down, and left folks stranded with hundreds of dollars worth of equipment and kept on billing them for 3 or 4 months more?

This was only 2 years ago. How quickly we forget.

cappy

@att.net
reply to tgermon

said by tgermon:

Anybody else having problems with skyfx/skyway today, 9-27? Service has been very inconsistent all day today. At times it's moving at 700Kbps then drops to 200Kbps or less. Been unresponsive at times also, had to go to dialup. Does anybody know if anyone else is going to pickup the amc6 service again?
wasnt that skyway?

No, it was definetly SKYFX. SKYWAY pulled similar crap at least 3-4 times.

SKYFX gets their bandwidth from SKYWAY and is currently trying to takeover the Starconnect realm.

RPeters

join:2007-04-02
Charlotte, NC
reply to tgermon

tgermon,

We had the same situation at my place and we were also setting up my neighbor with the new SKYFX that replaced her defunct Starconnect. We did notice the slow page response but it seems to be fine now. You and I aren't far apart, maybe it was just us LOL. You know those Yankees. Anyone else see that happen?

By the way, except for the time they switched me to Brightstar back in 2007, we haven't had any billing problems. I know Skyway went completely dead for months, stopped answering their phones, and kept billing people. It's in the past threads.

bbinabox

join:2009-02-27
Louisville, KY
kudos:1

Did all of this happen around 7 PM EST on Sunday? If so, one of the servers at the teleport was acting up. They settled it down shortly after.

IMO you couldn't find nicer Yankees than the folks at SKYfx!

Have a great day everybody!

foothilldave

join:2007-04-08
Applegate, CA
reply to tgermon

I just got re-enabled from starconnect to skyfx on Sat 10/17 (after being network-less for 6 weeks) and it tested at 450K then. Since Sun I have only seen about 100K max.

Is it just me or others seeing low skyfx performance this week ?

foothilldave

join:2007-04-08
Applegate, CA
reply to tgermon

I got a reply from SkyFX Tues mid-day:

"It will settle in as the new servers are activated. They told us
48 hours but it seems to be taking a bit longer."

So I guess all are effected but should get better soon...