spc
Search similar:

uniqs

helen978365
@myvzw.com

helen978365

Anon

How can I connect My westell 6100 from verizon to AT&T Serv

Hi, I already read at about this topic but I can't get to the configuration page somebody help me please..

nwrickert
Mod
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL

nwrickert

Mod

Normally, you would browse to http://192.168.1.1/ to get to the configuration page. If it asks for a password, then that would be the password that you previously used with verizon. If all else fails, hold in the reset button for 15 seconds, and try again. That changes the Westell administrative password to "password" and resets everything to factory defaults.

helen978365
@myvzw.com

helen978365

Anon

I already did that, (reset button) but it doesn't work, what else can I do??

helen978365

helen978365 to helen978365

Anon

to helen978365
I tried that password thing again and it works but now I'm in the verizon page.
How can I change my settings from there??

thanks
helen978365

helen978365

Anon

I have another problem with my modem,

DSL ligth good
Data Light Flashing
Internet Light red ?? what does it mean?

Thanks

nwrickert
Mod
Geneva, IL

nwrickert to helen978365

Mod

to helen978365
said by helen978365 :

I tried that password thing again and it works but now I'm in the verizon page.
It is possible that you might need to disable the Verizon Walled Garden:

»Verizon DSL FAQ »How to Turn off the Walled Garden
nwrickert

nwrickert to helen978365

Mod

to helen978365
DSL ligth good
You have DSL sync.
Data Light Flashing
I'm not sure, but it probably indicates ethernet traffic, such as you talking to the modem.
Internet Light red ?? what does it mean?
PPPoE failed. Until you can get into the setup pages and enter your PPPoE information (att main account email address and password), you won't be able to solve that.

If you are in the BellSouth region of AT&T, you might also have to change the VPI/VCI settings on the 6100. For other parts of AT&T that might not be necessary.

helen978365
@myvzw.com

helen978365 to helen978365

Anon

to helen978365
Please somebody review the attached file, I need some advice.
helen978365

helen978365

Anon

Thanks nwrickert for your kindly help, I think I'm a little bit lost, I don't know so much about this topic.

When I tried to disable the garden page (192.168.1.1/verizon/redirect.htm) it shows me the next message:

Warning!!
RESTRICTED PAGE

For further assistance, please contact
Verizon DSL Technical Support
800-567-6789

Select button to ENABLE

thanks

nwrickert
Mod
Geneva, IL

nwrickert to helen978365

Mod

to helen978365
It's hard to read.

It looks as if the page you are on says "pending your credentials" (but it is very blurry). Is there an "edit connection" button on that page? If there is, use it to enter the PPPoE information for your AT&T account.

The verizon faq »Verizon DSL FAQ »How do I use a router with the Westell 6100? seems to suggest selecting the "My Network" panel, and then "select Network Connections from the left menu". Hopefully that will give you a place to edit your connection information.
orih
join:2009-08-31

orih

Hi,

I also have a westell 6100 from Verizon and my bellsouth dsl is xtreme with a static IP.

I found some information on configuring it but I didn't see anything regarding a static IP address. Does this need to be done also and if yes where is it done/configured on the westell 6100 from verizon?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks...

nwrickert
Mod
Geneva, IL

nwrickert

Mod

I also have a westell 6100 from Verizon and my bellsouth dsl is xtreme with a static IP.
It should be possible.

I'm not sure how BellSouth (AT&T) provides the static IP. If they are assigning it via PPPoE, then a static IP is just like any other IP, except that you are always assigned the same IP.

Assuming the above is how the IP is assigned, then your 6100 gets the IP, and your computers on your LAN all share that IP, in the sense that the 6100 does IP masquerading (a form of NAT). So you will see IPs of 192.168.1.* on your LAN, but the external world will see you as always using the same IP.

I don't have a 6100 to check, so I am going by the settings for my 2200 and 6100. There should be a section of the modem advanced configuration menu for a static IP. I think you can assign a specific IP address there (needed if not assigned over PPPoE), and you can set the modem to share that public static IP with one machine on your LAN.
orih
join:2009-08-31

orih

Thanks nwrickert for the quick reply.

I believe it's assigned by PPPoE so I think I can just leave it and see if that works.

Thanks again...