grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

4 edits
reply to bbinabox

Re: One-Way vs Two-way Satellite Systems

said by bbinabox:

2) Well that's all I have. I've already told you that I haven't touched a DirecPC/Way/Hughes/Net since 2000.
Well, I guess that pretty much says it all then.
said by bbinabox:

I learned something from this read
That's progress. I'm just sorry that it takes such direct confrontation to force such realizations

For your further edification, here's a direct quote from their HN7000S and HN9000 modem spec sheets: "Hughes satellite products are based on the IPoS (IP over Satellite) global standard approved by TIA, ETSI, and ITU". The only thing proprietary are the acceleration techniques used (primarily in the NOCs) to overcome the effects of latency over the satellite path. Wildblue has their own proprietary set, as does Wildblue, iDirect, etc. Their publications very likely carry similar statements.

I'm making this point, because Skyway has not seen fit to invest in such technology - which is the other side of your "proprietary technology" coin - and which also goes a long way explaining why they can sell their service for as low as $30/month.

//greg//
--
HN7000S/98cm Prodelin/2w Osiris/ProPlus - G16/1250H/Germantown - NAT 66.82.187.152/Gateway 66.82.25.10/DNS 66.82.4.12 and 66.82.4.8 - Firefox 3 - AV/Firewalled by NIS2009