stevech0
join:2006-09-17
San Diego, CA

2 edits

stevech0 to cacroll

to cacroll

Re: alleviate conflict w/ neighbors overpowering antenna

said by cacroll:

and/or the wifi adapter i recieved may not be FCC licensed.
..maybe the over-bearing antenna i'm seeing may or may not be FCC licensed.
In 2.4GHz in the US, there ARE NO FCC LICENSES. There are regulations on maximum radiated power and some other very technical matters. EVERY manufacturer is required to submit a formal proof of compliance with the regulations and in turn receives an FCC Type Certification number. It is illegal to sell/use an item without such.

If the consumer changes the antenna or adds an amplifier, there well could be a violation of the FCC regulations that, with enough complaints, would cause the FCC to issue a CEASE AND DESIST ORDER. After several of these and a year or so, our wonderful FCC might impose a fine.

cacroll
Eventually, Prozac becomes normal
Premium Member
join:2002-07-25
Martinez, CA

cacroll

Premium Member

said by stevech0:
said by cacroll:

and/or the wifi adapter i recieved may not be FCC licensed.
..maybe the over-bearing antenna i'm seeing may or may not be FCC licensed.
In 2.4GHz in the US, there ARE NO FCC LICENSES. There are regulations on maximum radiated power and some other very technical matters. EVERY manufacturer is required to submit a formal proof of compliance with the regulations and in turn receives an FCC Type Certification number. It is illegal to sell/use an item without such.

If the consumer changes the antenna or adds an amplifier, there well could be a violation of the FCC regulations that, with enough complaints, would cause the FCC to issue a CEASE AND DESIST ORDER. After several of these and a year or so, our wonderful FCC might impose a fine.

Steve,

I was quoting the OP. Wouldn't it make sense for you to do the same, just in case I misquoted?

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

3 edits

Anonymous_ to stevech0

Premium Member

to stevech0
i have one illegal wifi amp Banned by FCC many years ago
made by Linksys
i was able to get 10mbps(real speed) on WiFi 11B tech

MAX power with illegal wifi amp + 7DBi High Gain