share rss forum feed

majortom1029

join:2006-10-19
Lindenhurst, NY
kudos:1
reply to patcat88

Re: DRM and Cablecard rental

said by patcat88:

What about DRM that makes the whole system useless? Why should I upgrade to battery killing, RAM wasting, lagging UI Windows 7 and deal with the DRM? And rental /outlet fees for the cablecard that make a cable box have much bang for the buck?
I am gathering you havent actually used windows 7 .

patcat88

join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

»www.vista123.net/content/ed-bott···le-512mb

»www.etiole.com/2009/08/windows-x···etbooks/

Keep drinking the Koolaid, Vista and 7 are just to force you to upgrade and keep Intel's and Samsung's stock price up. 7 is a struggle to get back to XP's performance. And XP is a bloated version of 2000 anyways, but I won't complain on that (XP runs on machines nowadays 8x faster than it was designed for, 2000 was made for a Pentium 1 or Pentium 2 at most, XP was made for sub 1 GHZ P3s).

majortom1029

Lindenhurst, NY

May I ask you why you linked to a story that disprooves your post? did you even read them before linking them here?

patcat88

join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

said by majortom1029:

May I ask you why you linked to a story that disprooves your post? did you even read them before linking them here?
Win 7 being closer to XP than Vista doesn't make Win 7 better than XP. $4000 of credit card debt is better than $10000 of credit card debt, but its still not zero or in the positive range.

majortom1029

Lindenhurst, NY

Windows 7 is better then xp not the same. you get the same performance of xp while getting a much better and more graphically intensive user interface, a 64bit version that is the same , and other things. So 7 is not the same as xp.