Adelanto, CA

ohdan to jc10098

to jc10098

Re: Does this mean..

Huh?
jc10098
join:2002-04-10

jc10098

Maybe more appropriately to Kodiac but point remains. Like it's surprising the Church is involved in acts of impropriety.

ohdan
join:2008-11-10
Adelanto, CA

ohdan

said by jc10098:

Maybe more appropriately to Kodiac but point remains.
I think your point was heard - loudly.
said by jc10098:

Like it's surprising the Church is involved in acts of impropriety.
Like any other organization of people. And the UCC isn't exactly known for its "acts of impropriety." Maybe you could take the time to learn a little bit about it (that may make your points more salient to see an exception to the rule).
jc10098

1 edit

jc10098

I googled the UCC and I will take a less harsh tone, seeing they are Protestant.

Which means they do not have the "Tained" past as the rest of "Christianity". However, the Term Christianity is that of Muslim. If one wishes to group all, then all falls on it's shoulders. No matter who or what one wants to argue.

As for the Protestant Denomination, they can be commended for opposing Hitler and their Openness to Gays and acceptance of people, unlike many other denominations of Christianity.

Consequently, I'll refrain from "Ripping them a new one".

However, in the ACT OF FAIRNESS...What they are doing now is some REAL HORSE SH*T that betrays the trust of their congregants and those who look to them for guidance.

ohdan
Adelanto, CA

ohdan

said by jc10098:

What they are doing now is some REAL HORSE SH*T that betrays the trust of their congregants and those who look to them for guidance.
In regards to this "ethics award" I'm willing to bet that the people who organized this have no idea about this fellow. Maybe this item will educate them - you never know.
jc10098

jc10098

One can hope, but one also should never hold their breath......

As for their "Awareness of this fellow", that's an excuse. I hate to say it, but before I'd put my name to something, I'd damn well check it out in full.

Think of it in terms of cosigning a loan. Would you put your signature down for some stranger who walks up to you and says hey man, I'm short 10,000. Mind helping me out? Highly Unlikely. So why do you put your name to something, you don't examine in full beforehand?

Consequently, either through "Ignorance and failed due diligence" or "Will to Deceive for profit", the UCC has betrayed the trust of it's congregants. There's no getting around that fact.

ohdan
Adelanto, CA

ohdan

said by jc10098:

Consequently, either through "Ignorance and failed due diligence" or "Will to Deceive for profit", the UCC has betrayed the trust of it's congregants. There's no getting around that fact.
Is it a fact, though? I'll check with my congregation -even the regional conference- tomorrow and see how they feel about it. I'll bet you a) no one knows and that b) no one cares.