Search similar:

uniqs

Fritz235
@verizon.net

Fritz235

Anon

Had enough

After almost a year and four different DVRs 2 7216s then 6416
and now 7216 again nothing changes, verizon sill hasn't fixed channel currently unavailable on the 7216 a year later.

The 6416 did all kinds of stuff like changing 2 3 or 4 channels then stops

the information bar gets stuck on the screen I hit exit then it comes back in a few seconds, the tech that came tried to tell me about burn in he said have you ever heard of a burn in even after I told him I press exit it goes away then comes back and that my TV is an LCD (no burn in) besides I think I can tell burn in from a big bright information bar

Heck my first box the optical audio would be muted after each power down, back then the tech on the phone said that the optical out is disabled, and no he didn't mean the other port that was disabled I tried to correct him and he insisted he was right on this box 7216 often it Will not rewind and just break up the picture I think I'm done

I'm done ranting now my contract is almost up, I had 7 years with dish other than occasional rain fade and heavy winds there was never any problem with the DVRs I hope I didn't make too many people mad just my experience
dmon4u
join:2006-03-15
Hummelstown, PA

1 edit

dmon4u

A bit confusing to me.
Where's your TiVo HD ?

Fritz235
@verizon.net

Fritz235

Anon

Your question is confusing me just what I wrote above I have Verizon fios extreme with the above mentioned DVRs currently 7216 p1
Fritz235

Fritz235 to dmon4u

Anon

to dmon4u
If you mean my srvice location it's SE PA

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr to Fritz235

MVM

to Fritz235
said by Fritz235 :

Your question is confusing me
Just a different way of him saying "forget the VZ DVR, get a TiVo".

Some people swear by 'em, it's better than swearing at something else.

Fritz235
@verizon.net

Fritz235

Anon

So please educate me where do I get Tivo are you saying just buy this tivo and add it to my Hook up then get a none DVR HD box from Verizon?

Teasip
join:2001-05-14
Plano, TX

Teasip

You can purchase a TiVo at any number of electronics retailers, or TiVo themselves. You would need to obtain a cable card from Verizon in lieu of your set top box to obtain the Verizon TV package that you subscribe to.

xirian
Premium Member
join:2003-01-26
Beacon, NY

xirian

Premium Member

said by Teasip:

You can purchase a TiVo at any number of electronics retailers, or TiVo themselves. You would need to obtain a cable card from Verizon in lieu of your set top box to obtain the Verizon TV package that you subscribe to.
It has to be the tivo HD or HD XL. Just chiming in because the series 2 is the cheapest, so someone who doesn't know the differences might buy that one by accident.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to Fritz235

Premium Member

to Fritz235

Re: Had enough

Fritz-
Give it 3 weeks - we'll have the new IMG upgrade here in DE / SE PA
waiting4fios
join:2005-04-08
Howell, NJ

waiting4fios to Fritz235

to Fritz235
The issue with the info bar is a known bug that is supposed to be fixed with the new guide update, I'm surprised they didn't tell you that. As for not rewinding and breaking up the picture, not too sure what might be causing that problem. I currently have 6416-2 DVR and have not had any problem other than the info bar glitch that everyone is having but supposedly will be fixed with the next guide update. I find best way to deal with it is NOT to press exit, but instead to wait 5 seconds and let the guide catch up to itself.
rmckofke
join:2001-05-15
Staten Island, NY

1 edit

rmckofke

If I were to use a Tivo over the VZ DVR, would I still be able to watch On Demand programming? I remember with Cable I could use a card but I would lose out on all Demand programming, which was a con for me.

edit : nevermind, I see in another thread that I will lse the OD from Fios but I would have access to Tivo's offerings - that's what I get for not reading before posting

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt

Premium Member

said by rmckofke:

If I were to use a Tivo over the VZ DVR, would I still be able to watch On Demand programming? I remember with Cable I could use a card but I would lose out on all Demand programming, which was a con for me.

edit : nevermind, I see in another thread that I will lse the OD from Fios but I would have access to Tivo's offerings - that's what I get for not reading before posting
If you really want Access to VOD from FIOS, just get an STB(Hd STB if you want HD)
Then you have the same access to the VOD offerings as you would if you had the FIOS DVR, only the rental fee is less.
I have several tiVos on FIOS. I dumped my HD STB that I used for VOD since I found I already had access to just about everything FIOS already had by other VOD means, like TiVo, VUDU, XBOX Live and PSN. As well as Hulu, CBS.com etc(which can be viewed through the 360 and PS3 using PLAYON)

Fritz235
@verizon.net

Fritz235 to waiting4fios

Anon

to waiting4fios
OK I found a way to get rid of the info bar if you hit exit at least twice or thee times worked but waiting just didn't do it, no they never mentioned any fixes for it or any other issue

I had two reps tell me they haven't had any complaints on the 7216s I can't believe that I'll wait for the new update and see, otherwise if things don't improve I think it's back to Dish

every Motorola box I've had (Verizon,Comcast, or whatever) was buggy honestly in my experience Dish has the best equipment period

thanks for all your help guys sorry for the long rant

R e a p e r
join:2008-12-15
Lynnwood, WA

R e a p e r

said by Fritz235 :

...honestly in my experience Dish has the best equipment period
I agree with you, the Echostar HD DVRs are the best (including Tivo IMHO). I think the overall viewing experience is better with FiOS though - more HD in better quality.