uniqs
share rss forum feed

KoolMoe
Aw Man
Premium
join:2001-02-14
Annapolis, MD

'apps'

So Vonage just released an app for some mobile/smart phones. Some other small VOIP company did so too months ago.
I want a VOIP app on my iPod Touch so I can make calls over wifi. That would actually make my Touch more useful...and cool.

So, Teleblend, how about it? Plenty of complaints about your services already (though I'm generally happy with it, though perhaps cause it's a secondary phone for me). You could balance out thoes bad vibes with a cool app!
KM
--
Don't Lie - Be Kind - Realize your Potential

TBSupport1

join:2007-09-11
Leesburg, VA

We are actually looking into this.

ChuckIL9

join:2005-11-07
Peoria, IL
reply to KoolMoe

I just don't understand why Apple insists that every app you might want has to be funneled through their store. Windows Mobile could certainly be more stable than it is, but at least I can go to third party vendors and download about a dozen different sofphones for free that allow me to enter SIP credentials and make all the calls I want over WiFi and 3G.

KoolMoe
Aw Man
Premium
join:2001-02-14
Annapolis, MD

Apple is all about the 'experience', eh? As you note, Windows Mobile could be more stable. That stability is not helped when 'buggy' or otherwise unstable apps are installed. I can understand Apple's death grip on quality control. I may wish it were different, but I can appreciate the reasoning.

Plus, it's easier for them to take their cut.

Thanks TBSupport1!! Keep the forum updated. I'd love to see this.
KM
--
Don't Lie - Be Kind - Realize your Potential