spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

betabrain

@qwest.net
reply to FenixSucks

Re: I think Qwest is blocking YOUTUBE

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I FOUND THE PROBLEM AND THE SOLUTION
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's a dns caching problem i believe (either that or qwest is poisoning their own dns cache with fake ips).

THE FIX:

change your DNS servers to 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

they are openDNS servers and seem to work 100% of the time.

if you don't know how to change your dns numbers, i suggest googling "how to change dns server vista" or whatever OS you have.

while you're at it, you can opt out of the qwest dns error page (with all the ads) at »www.qwest.net/web.help/?confirm= ··· onfirm=1

hope this helps!

-beta

azzonie3

join:2004-04-13
Phoenix, AZ

1 edit
If you want more info as to why this happens then follow this link. It is from a COX thread but they have the same issue. In the middle of the thread is a good explanation complete with pictures.
»[ALL] Youtube streaming fixed by switching to non-Cox DNS server

longstreet

join:2004-11-14
Plano, TX

2 edits
@OP
@ Fenix

said by azzonie3:

If you want more info as to why this happens then follow this link. It is from a COX thread but they have the same issue. In the middle of the thread is a good explanation complete with pictures.
What did I say? Oh yeah . . .switching doesn't fix it.

It may be a temporary solution but it can resurface at ANY time with ANY ISP.

azzonie3

join:2004-04-13
Phoenix, AZ
said by longstreet:

@OP
@ Fenix

said by azzonie3:

What did I say? Oh yeah . . .switching doesn't fix it.

It may be a temporary solution but it can resurface at ANY time with ANY ISP.
So at least one person has listened.

mrhuggles

join:2007-03-29
Ames, IA
Ive seen a lot of problems with streaming video, for me its not a DNS issue its well, it will get going good then it starts stalling like crazy, literally if i download the video directly its fine, or if i get on a proxy its fine, something about the way the FLV clients themselves are... happens in all browsers with different versions of flash,

but hehe if i try to use qwests dns servers i cant connect to half the internet [i use opendns]