Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18

1 recommendation

reply to Mr Owe

Re: [Scam] Ebay Motors Scam

said by Mr Owe :

It would seem as though these scams are a dime a dozen. Here is a convo I had with a "girl in new york" about buying a pickup truck.

*I wanted to see how far the rabbit hole went to I sent the mailing address and here is the email I got from "ebay"

Congratulations - You Are Approved To Buy! Your invoice for eBay Motors purchase 2000 Ford F-250 Lariat 4X4

The trick to catching these gimmicks right out of the gate is viewing the source. Regardless what the "name" is look at the sender or reply address. It doens't matter that it may say "Ebay or Paypal or safe and secure". Out to the side it will give you the reply info or source info. Ebay and Paypal communication will say @ebay/paypal.com.

The trick to stopping these scams dead in their tracks is asking where the ad is to buy the vehicle through eBay here »www.motors.ebay.com/ using your eBay Account. Bam! That's it. They can't provide a valid link to an ad on eBay Motors. Everyone is already "Approved To Buy" if they have an eBay Account.

No one is looking at eBay' Motors Web Site and reading the facts. eBay forbids buying "outside" of eBay, which seems to elude the people that do get scammed and those that eventually figure out it is a scam. If you don't see the vehicle in an ad at »www.motors.ebay.com/ then it is a scam, 100% guaranteed! ~ No money back, no VPP ~ Say bye bye to your money forever the minute you leave Western Union's or Money Gram's building and tell the scammer seller that you have sent their ill gotten gains your purchase money.
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?