spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sequiro

@rr.com

Belkin Nostromo N50 and N52 Speedpads glitching, malfunction

I love the Nostromo gaming pads but I've continually had issues with them. I've owned 1 N50 and 2 N52s and all 3 of them have had an issue where they suddenly glitch and stop functioning, like they aren't connected.

I have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it power back on... don't know why EVERY one of them does this to me.

I also have been having major issues with the software as of late.. it's crashing alot lately. When trying to switch profiles and sometimes just while playing it will crash.

I would also swear that it's causing conflicts or issues with other software and my PC in general. I just seem to get a lot of hiccups in my PC when I'm using my Nostromo pad and it's software.

These issues have me thinking of switching to that new Logitech speed pad as it looks promising. But i've been loyal to Nostromo for years. hoping someone knows of these issues.. possible fixes?

trowan

join:2000-04-10
Mentor, OH
The only time that I have had problems with my Nostromo has been when I have had a Saitek device connected at the same time.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to Sequiro
Never had a problem with my n50 and n52 units. It sounds like something specific with your system.

Sequiro

@rr.com
reply to Sequiro
Can't be my system.. as this is a problem that has spanned 3 Laptops and 2 Desktops.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
Well I stopped using my Nostromo units when I had growing pains with beta testing Vista. I went back to try it again after Vista went Gold and it worked fine but by then I had decided to simply become proficient with standard keyboards. The last time I checked the drivers for the Nostromo units were rather old so this is a problem in and of itself. The same goes for the accompanying software so release by Belkin seems to be at the heart of this.

You might want to try the software that comes with the n52te as it stands to be the most up to date software and likely less prone to glitches. I recall trying the n52te “Razor” software which worked fine for the n52 in my informal testing in Vista.

Unfortunately I don’t know if Belkin provides the “Razor” software for download anymore.

Moral of the story, Belkin has horrible support!!! Therefore moving on to Logitech might be a good idea.

trowan

Mentor, OH

1 edit
said by Octavean:

You might want to try the software that comes with the n52te as it stands to be the most up to date software and likely less prone to glitches. I recall trying the n52te “Razor” software which worked fine for the n52 in my informal testing in Vista.
I find this hard to believe since the n52te's firmware is completely different than the n52.

Sequiro - sounds like a driver/software conflict. Is there some type of input device that you are using on all of your systems in addition to the n52?

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
To be honest I wouldn’t ask anyone to simply believe me and take my word for anything. Generally speaking I think we are quasi duty bound to find things out for our selves whenever possible or at least verify the findings if we have any real interest. I typically encourage experimentation rather then simply trying to build on the knowledge of others or simply taking ones word as truth.

Therefore, all I can say is try it. It worked for me and I really didn’t expect it to work at all but it did. Unfortunately I was already disenchanted with the Nostromo at that point due to poor support and didn’t really want to use it anymore so it was only an experiment.

Although I think the Razor software may be harder to find now. Before they made it easier to find and download. Keep in mind though that its been something like a year and a half or so since the n52te release so they may have managed to get an update or two out.

Personally I just abandoned the n50 and n52 which was the solution that worked best for me.

trowan

Mentor, OH

1 edit
reply to Sequiro
If you say so...

Looks like the n52 had an update on 10/8 according to this »en-us-support.belkin.com/app/ans···iYyI6MX0.

I forgot to mention, I do have a current problem with the device not being recognized in Windows 7 after coming out of sleep mode - the only way I can get it to work is to reboot at that point.