dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

BobHudsonFL

Anon

Broken Storage Error

After 23 hours, 12 restart computer, 9 "Agents" and LiveLook, nonsupport levels. Problem still exists. PLEASE HELP

I have 3 computers. In question.

1 Desk top, Dell XPS, New hard drive, original factory OS disks. XP Home 2002 edition. With all Windows updates, custom and Critical.

1 HP Desk top, same details as Dell

1 VAIO Laptop 2002 XP Home edition, all updates. Same as Dell.

1 Hp one year old lap top, running Vista. All updates. MJ was running perfectly earlier this year.

Problem is, 2 Desk tops and Vista laptop will not retain files for Magic Jack. Every time it is plugged into either one of these 3 computers, I get a “Broken Storage Error and need to go to Disk Management and re format the magic drive “Phone Drive” ( X) or what ever it happens to be in the computer I am using. After that, perfect,

After 23 hours with “nonsupport” re: doing exactly what they told me to do 10 times and watching on LiveLook do the same thing, finally got a second manager that knew what she was doing and explained what could be the problem. Unit is fine, all MJ settings are correct and up to date. She suggested I update all the Optional downloads. I did. No help. (Didn't’t download them before if I didn't’t know what they were.)

Too long of a story made shorter. MJ continues to work correctly on VAIO Laptop ( actually two of them, one on Media addition). Still same error on both re formatted desk tops and Vista laptop. (never modified)

Is there anywhere in XP I can set 2 computers side by side and compare important files? Magic Jack worked correctly on all these computers before Hard drive crashes. ( 3 in two weeks) !

N/S removed all programs such as Roxio and a couple of other potential conflicts. Should be obvious why there is no "LIVE" support. Have 4 years left on subscription.
If anyone has any possible suggestions, my address is
bob.ross91@gmail.com. Sure would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Bob.
49579585 (banned)
join:2009-02-12
Seattle, WA

2 edits

49579585 (banned)

magicjack Upgrades & Error repair

I've been dealing with Error:Broken Storage for a while. Create websites i.e. »www.errorbrokenstorage.9f.com/
Created my first in February'09 when I saw that no one else had a fix even mJack themselves for WindowsXP based mJacks.

One time I repaired the hardware conflicts by going into Start menu then Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager. I went down to Universal Serial Bus controllers.
Then clicked the plus sign. The magicJack is listed as a USB composite device - I right clicked on it then clicked Properties
It says Internet phone by TigerJet. Then > OK and clicked
USB composite device again then right clicked then uninstall. Then plugged it into a different USB slot that worked. Also uninstalling Devices that were causing conflict also helped.
The device I was having problems with was my printer, I had it plugged into the USB slot next to magicJack. I have four USB slots on my computer, two on the back and two on the front. The magicJack was plugged int a rear slot now I only plug my printer into the front slots and had not had problems for several months until I tried to plug my printer in again once next to the magicJack.

Some people claim USB hubs help. Have not tried that yet myself. What works for me is not to plug anything adjacent to the magicJack USB composite device. Use my »www.errorbrokenstorage.9f.com/ website link here highlighted in blue. Click(a leftclick) on it Add it to you favorites. I have links to download sites for the HP USB Format Tool and a link to the magicjack Upgrades page.