Search similar:

uniqs

ssr
@verizon.net

ssr

Anon

Number Transfer Issue from Teleblend to Vonage

All,

I am having issues with porting my number from teleblend to vonage since 1.5 months. Vonage tried n number of times to send the port request to teleblend and teleblend is rejecting saying 'billing telephone number' not matching. I have spoken to both vonage and teleblend number of times but the issue is not getting resolved. I also have both agents speak in the phone line to resolve it. No progress. Teleblend phone support people do not have any info on the number transfer requests. May be a third party is handling it. Vonage support people have escalated it number of times to resolve it. No help. What should I do here? I want to put a legal case on Teleblend for rejecting the number transfer reuest from vonage. Can I do that? I have wasted a lot of time talking both these company tech support people. I am now scared will I ever be able to port my number from teleblend at all? Am I with Teleblend for life here.....PLEASE HELP....
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

1 recommendation

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

For one thing, file an FCC complaint already:

»esupport.fcc.gov/sform20 ··· ge=2000B

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL

1 edit

1 recommendation

N9MD to ssr

Premium Member

to ssr
ssr --- First off, understand that TeleBlend has nothing to do with your request to move your number to Vonage ... unless TeleBlend (or SunRocket, if that was your original vendor) initially registered incorrect information with the current CLEC that supplied and controls your number ... e.g., your name or address were entered incorrectly.

Refer to this post regarding the factors that delay or block porting efforts: »Re: MagicJack Allows You To Port Out Number To A New Provider

May I suggest that you port to a VoIP provider that has a proven track record for escalating porting issues until they achieve success! Even if you want to ultimately wind up with Vonage (although I don't know why you would want to, given their overpriced product and service), you can begin by porting to a smaller provider and then initiate a port over to Vonage. With some providers, there will be a $25 porting fee ... but given your apparent desire to keep your number, $25 is a small price to pay.

VoIP providers that have shown a tendency toward aggressive porting with great success would include CallCentric and Future-Nine. Remember, you are porting your number from one CLEC (Competitive Local Exchange Carrier) to another ... not from one VoIP provider to another. The CLECs do all the work once the request is received from your new carrier. But the losing CLEC will reject the port if your number, name, address do not match their records. With "good" VoIp providers (in my experience CallCentric stands out), they will actually continue to escalate the request with their own CLEC to determine the holdup ... and in most cases they will resolve the issue.

We might be able to offer information more specific to your situation if you post the first 7 numbers of the number in dispute: xxx-xxx-x... (which will let us know which CLEC currently controls your number as well as the rate center within which the number lies ... since sometimes the problem is that the new VoIP provider's CLEC may not have a presence in the phone number's rate center.

-=-=-=
Thanks to PX Eliezer for pointing out this "fervent plea" post in the main VoIP forum!

ssr
@verizon.net

ssr to PX Eliezer704

Anon

to PX Eliezer704
Thanks PX Eliezer.
ssr

ssr to N9MD

Anon

to N9MD
N9MD. Thanks for your detailed Reply. My number first 7 digits are 248-997-7XXX. Please see where can you help me. Vonage support people have escalated this number of times to their escalation department but I dont actually get a clear picture of what is going on and somehow the porting is not getting done. I have been with Teleblend since Mar'09 only. Earlier I was with Vonage and now I would like to switch back to Vonage due to a great low package they having calling India. I am assuming that Vonage support is far better than any VOIP provider in the market. That is my opinion. I could be wrong. I will talk to Vonage today and let them know that I am going to file an FCC case.

Thanks

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
Boca Raton, FL

1 edit

1 recommendation

N9MD

Premium Member

ssr ---

Was this 248-997-7xxx number originally from Vonage and then ported over to TB?

The number is in the Auburn Heights MI rate center showing Broadwing Communications as the CLEC that issued the number originally … Fortunately, BC is now owned by Level 3 Communications (L3C) … a company that at times may be difficult for some VoIP providers to deal with, but one that can usually be convinced to carry out a port when the requesting provider (in your case Vonage) escalates the issue.

If you go to this site … »tnid.org/ … and enter your full phone number at the top of the screen … then press ENTER … to see the listing of the “Original Telephone Company” (which should say “Broadwing Communications”). Look for “Current Telephone Company” which, if present, indicates that your CLEC is now with this other “Current Telephone Company”. If no “Current Telephone Company” is shown, your number is still with L3C (formerly Broadwing).

On checking the Vonage site for portability, any number from the 248-997 exchange is noted as being portable … because L3C has a presence in most rate centers throughout the US, including Auburn Heights MI.

Once you confirm the “Current Telephone Company”, which hopefully is still L3C (Broadwing), that should be a great help in achieving your quest. You must then have Vonage’s porting department determine the precise cause for the blocked port … your name, your zip code … maybe the number is registered to another customer due to TeleBlend’s error when you first opened the account. We’ve seen this before with TB, as I recall.

If Vonage is unwilling to take the extra escalation steps … and if you truly want to keep this number … your best hope is to obtain a temporary PAYG number from CallCentric (in your rate center) and immediately initiate a porting request by faxing various pieces of documentation to CC. They will pick up the ball and run with it … but there will be a $25 charge for a successful port.

Check out these posts for further info.

»Re: Paying the Piper
»Re: [General] Porting Numbers and Out-of-Business VOIP Provider

Important note: Print out the pages from the TeleBlend website that show your name, address and number ... as proof that it's your account. And do not cancel the TB account until after the port is successful.

ssr
@verizon.net

ssr

Anon

N9MD,

You have great insight and help for me here. Here is what I find with tnid website

Current Telephone Company:
Phone Michigan - MI

Original Telephone Company:
Broadwing Communications Llc - MI

Original Telephone Company Type:
Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC)

Telephone Number Owner's Estimated City: Troy
Telephone Number Owner's Estimated Region: Michigan
Telephone Number Owner's Estimated Postal Code: 48098

Telephone Company Equipment Location Code: SFLDMIMKDS0

Mu number was originallyw ith Vonage and I was living in Auburn Heights MI when I took that number. Now I live in Mayland. I have ported my number to Teleblend from Vonage in Mar 09. Now I am planning to switch back to Vonage. Based on tnID webiste I see that the "Current Telephone Company" is "Phone Michigan MI" and not BC or L3C. I will call Vonage and let them know about this today.
Fisamo
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Apex, NC

Fisamo

Premium Member

Perhaps the mismatch is that for 'billing phone number' there's a Teleblend number (?) entered? IMO, your best bet is to follow the doc's advice (N9MD See Profile) above regarding printing out your account screens showing your name and address along with the phone# and taking it to Vonage, CC, or whoever will actually push the port through. Best of luck...

ssr
@verizon.net

ssr

Anon

N9MD & Fisamo,

Thanks to both of you. I have just called both Vonag & Teleblend. Here is what happened.

I told Vonaga Number Transfer Department agent that from tnid website my number "Current Telephone Company" is "Phone Michigan" and she said yes (which they never told me before..liars) and they are sending the reques to "Phone Michigan" only and they are rejecting it saying my "Billing Telephone Number" is not matching or does not exists intheri system. They dont have any number to contact "Phone Michigan" company. She finally told me to talk to my provider "Teleblend" and resolve the discrepancy of info between "Teleblend" and "Phone Michigan" and they can not do anything more to resolve it.

Then I called Teleblend and told them that since 1.5 months this issue is going on (I called them several times in the past too) and told them either Teleblend Or Phone Michigan leased my number to you or vice versa. She first agreed and later argued that we dont know that or she cant find anything in her system to tell that information and showed me a sorry that she could not help any further.

I told both Vonage and TB agents that I will be filing an FCC case on my issue today.

SO at this point what should I do?

Fisamo, in the past I also had sent the PDF of my TB monthly bill to Vonage to show as a proof that They own my number and it is is matching the number that I am trying to transfer to Vonage.

Thanks.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
Boca Raton, FL

4 edits

N9MD

Premium Member

said by ssr :

...my number "Current Telephone Company" is "Phone Michigan" ... they are sending the request to "Phone Michigan" only and they are rejecting it saying my "Billing Telephone Number" is not matching or does not exists in their system. They dont have any number to contact "Phone Michigan" company. She finally told me to talk to my provider "Teleblend" and resolve the discrepancy of info between "Teleblend" and "Phone Michigan" and they can not do anything more to resolve it.
"They dont have any number to contact "Phone Michigan" company." You can tell both Vonage and TeleBlend "Liar, liar, pants on fire!"

Phone Michigan is currently owned by PAETEC, one of the larger CLECs ... especially after they made their first purchase of US LEC a few years ago, followed by other purchases since then ... a CLEC that is used by many VoIP providers throughout the US.

I am somewhat amazed that Vonage doesn't know about PAETEC ... but I am not surprised at the incompetence of TeleBlend's support and porting staff.

You might want to inform Vonage of the current CLEC holding your number ... as I am certain they have had mutual dealings in the past. If Vonage's porting department (or their CLEC) will send your documentation ... the printouts from your TeleBlend MyAccount website pages ... over to PAETEC, they should be able to determine the reason for the porting hangup.

Once again, especially given what we know now, consider CallCentric as an option instead of Vonage ... because this is just the type of situation where CC's porting folks enjoy taking up the challenge to achieve success. And CC tends to keep the customer (you) in the loop as to why there is a problem.

Oh --- I just realized that you moved from Michigan to Maryland. Might this be contributing to the problem? If your phone number is registered with TeleBlend & PAETEC at your MI address ... but you are trying to port to a new Vonage account with a MD address, this may be holding up the process. You may want to see if you need to open the new Vonage account with your MI address (temporarily) to avoid an address conflict.

-=-=
Allow me to modify, unsolicited, my comment about the incompetence of the TB support staff. I get the sense that TBSupport1 (Joe B) has truly tried his best to to put out the fires as they occur. His efforts seem to be sincere ... and he probably was one of the good guys at SunRocket when he worked there. It's the overall support system at TB that leaves a lot to be desired.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to ssr

Premium Member

to ssr
Did you ever get yourself involved in a fight between two girls?

TELEBLEND does not like you because you want to leave them.

VONAGE probably does not like you because you ALREADY left them once.

At this point I would:

a) Proceed with FCC complaint. Describe in detail the issues at both companies.

---OR---

b) Seriously, consider CallCentric to try to get your number ported. Or FutureNine. Either company will try like a tiger to get your number.

I would NOT do both (a) and (b) at this time, because it could get messy. Choose one way to proceed right now.

-------------------------------------------

By the way, as Spock said to Kirk in "The Wrath of Khan": "Khan has a 2-dimensional mind. He's not thinking in 3 dimensions".... (something like that).

Neither are you. You can easily use someone like CallCentric or FutureNine for most of your calling and to safeguard your DID, yet use someone like CallWithUs for your calls to India.
PX Eliezer704

PX Eliezer704 to N9MD

Premium Member

to N9MD
Just for our history buffs:

a) PhoneMichigan is/was a brand name of BRE.

b) BRE was acquired by Ovation.

c) Ovation was acquired by McLeod.

d) McLeod was acquired by PAETEC.

ssr
@verizon.net

ssr

Anon

All,

I just again spoke to Vonage number poritng department supervisor. Looks to me they are the culprits. They are simply hiding the information and delaying the porting process for some GOOD reason.

They never told me that "Phone Michigan" is the provider they are sending the request to. THey always have been telling me they are sending it to TB. But not true. SO when I I mentioned earleir this afternoon about "Phone Michigan" they kind of released that piece of into to me agrreing to it.

Now after "N9Md" told me that "Phone Michigan" is now "PAETEC", I called Vonage again and asked if they are sending the number transfer request to "Phone Michigan", she said yes. Then I asked if she knows that "Phone Michigan" now is "PAETEC", then she says, if "Phone Michigan" is "PAETEC" then they will resolve it. Then I told her that I know that PAETEC is also one of Vonage CLEC, so why cant you guys resolve it easily as PAETEC currently owns my number? She has no answer to that. I asked her who is Vonage CLEC in my local area, she does not give direct answer and say our escalation department takes care of it and I should not worry. I told her that I am filing an FCC compliant. I asked her give me PAETEC contact number as they are one of your CLEC, she said she does n ot have it. So I could see that she is hiding the information to me. What a CHEATING????

Ultimately, I now have decided to file an FCC complaint.

Thanks to you all.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

Good luck. Sorry for the mess.

Just found this in case may be useful for anyone else:

PaeTec Communications, Inc.
600 Willowbrook Office Park
Fairport, NY 14450-4233

Judy Messenger
Manager - Regulatory Affairs
Phone: (585) 340-2822
Fax: (585) 770-2498
Email: judy.messenger@paetec.com

NOTE: This is the current OFFICIAL Paetec information on file with the MICHIGAN PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION.

prestonlewis
Premium Member
join:2003-04-13
Sacramento, CA

prestonlewis to ssr

Premium Member

to ssr
said by ssr :

Ultimately, I now have decided to file an FCC complaint.
Good luck with that. The FCC has not demonstrated pro-consumer behaviors in recent years. I wouldn't hold my breath, personally.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

3 edits

Mango to ssr

Premium Member

to ssr
I too am sorry to hear of the trouble. Please keep us updated on how everything goes.

I realize that you must be very frustrated by now, but PX Eliezer and N9MD!!!!! have given you an excellent suggestion when he says you should consider Callcentric or Future-Nine. Both of these providers are very cost effective. Callcentric charges $0.0297 to $0.0352 for calling India. Vonage charges what, $0.18/minute?

I do not know how long the FCC will take to resolve a complaint. If your intent is to make a statement then this will possibly work, but if your intent is to port your number as quickly as possible, then seriously consider a provider with an excellent track record of porting numbers.

m.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
Boca Raton, FL

N9MD

Premium Member

said by Mango:

...but PX Eliezer has given you an excellent suggestion when he says you should consider Callcentric or Future-Nine.
Hey, Mango2 ... what am I, chopped liver?! How about giving credit where credit is due. (My first post in this thread.)

We're demoting you one rank ... down to Mango1.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

Begging your pardon I admit I had forgotten that you suggested that by the time I got to the bottom of the thread.
said by N9MD:

We're demoting you one rank ... down to Mango1.
Wouldn't that be UP a rank?

m.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
Boca Raton, FL

1 recommendation

N9MD

Premium Member

said by Mango:

Wouldn't that be UP a rank?
I wondered that very thing when I penned the post. I guess, from a military perception, I promoted you!

Hey, you deserve it!!
N9MD

N9MD to ssr

Premium Member

to ssr
said by ssr :

...I asked her who is Vonage CLEC in my local area...
Whoa, ssr! Specifically, what "local area" are you referring to?

What address does TeleBlend have for your account: Michigan or Maryland?

What address does Vonage have for your new account with them: Michigan or Maryland?

If you are trying to port your Michigan number to a VoIP account with a Maryland address, that may be the reason for the failed process.

montero1
@comcast.net

montero1

Anon

I know nothing about this porting... but I'm very frustrated! and need help please!

I'm trying to switch from ATT callvanatge (Voip) to Tellblend. looks like everything is OK on the ATT side. But now I can NOT receive calls on either Telephone adapter... ATT sent me an email saying they are done... No one at teleblend can give me a good answer to where my number went.

What can i do? I'm pissed, i have ported three times before with NO issues.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
Boca Raton, FL

N9MD

Premium Member

said by montero1 :

I know nothing about this porting...

...i have ported three times before with NO issues.
Hmmm! Split personality ... one knows nothing ... the other is an expert at porting.

Sorry, but I have no answers for failed ports to TeleBlend ... I'm flabbergasted that you have "ported three times before" ... and you actually chose to port to TeleBlend.. Have you not been paying attention to this rarely viewed sub-Forum?!
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to montero1

Premium Member

to montero1
I would suggest that you contact a GOOD Voip provider such as CallCentric or FutureNine and see if they can locate and retrieve your number.

What was the attraction with TeleBlend?!

TBSupport1
join:2007-09-11
Leesburg, VA

TBSupport1 to montero1

to montero1
Can you please PM me with your TN? I will go ahead and take a look.

All voip providers wait for their carrier to tell them that the number has been fully ported over. Even though ATT CallVantage has said they have released the number, the new carrier that any voip carrier is using has to build it in their switch.