spc
Search similar:

uniqs

steven9275
@bethere.co.uk

steven9275

Anon

[ADSL] Constant disconnects

hi i joined o2 about 3 months ago since day 1 my connection keeps dropping 6-20 times a day, i must have phoned o2 20 times, i have had 3 new wireless boxes tried using a netgear DG834G router and it still disconnects
I have had 5 openreach engineers at my home they have run all possible tests they say my line is fine

my router stats are

Current Training Status : Showtime
Current trained adsl mode : G.Dmt
Current trained adsl path : Interleaved
Downstream Bit Rate : 6784000 bps
Downstream Noise Margin : 11.0 dB
Downstream Attenuation : 20.0 dB
Upstream Bit Rate : 448000 bps
Upstream Noise Margin : 16 dB
Upstream Attenuation : 39.0 dB

Openreach said they checked everything at the exchange and everything was fine, i have tried monitoring my router with router stats just before my connection drops my RX noise jumps from a steady 8 -11 db to 40+ db then i loose my connection and sync, after a few secs i get my connection back. Openreach fitted a special noise filter before my main BT box it made no difference
I have my router plugged in my test socket, tried fitting new adsl filter, tried using different cables openreach think my line is picking up interference from somewhere
O2 say there is nothing more they can do if i want another engineer i will have to pay £100+ so I’m stuck with this

wonko3fc
Verbum sat sapienti
join:2001-06-02
UK

wonko3fc

Sadly, not uncommon, I think you need to look outside of the phone line and the router. For example, I've heard things like microwave ovens, lights, TV/DVD/HiFi all chucking out enough RF to upset this delicate technology, let alone the mobile phones sailing in or past your house.
Could even be the neighbours petrol lawnmower.

In the short term, I suspect the only fix is to change your technology - which is probably not what you want to hear. For a test, try grabbing a different router off eBay for 50p and see if that suffers from teh same fate - at least you'll know!

steven9275
@bethere.co.uk

steven9275 to steven9275

Anon

to steven9275
here is a screen shot from router stats

i didnt loose my sync that time and it hasnt been to bad tonight