spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

not2bscammed

@frontiernet.net
reply to Hwnsista

Re: [Scam] Ebay Motors Scam

I too have received an eerily similar email from someone stating that if I tell them I am interested that they will notify ebay so one of their representatives can contact me. The conversation is nearly verbatim to what I have read in other posts. The original ad was posted through a website in Utah KSL.com Here is a copy of my email from "her":

My car is still available. Acura only 32,100 original miles on board, it is located in Windsor, CT, you should know that it has never been wrecked or damaged, the car is in excellent condition. Non-smoker. The inside is clean, like new. Runs great, very smooth, meticulously maintained. To have a finish like this, it is obvious that this vehicle has been garaged. All the manuals, clear title and the original documentation come along with the car. I love this car but I have to let it go. It will come with a clear title, bill of sale signed by me as well and all the papers (including the original manuals and keys) that you will need to register it under your name. I had a buyer offering $3,300 but his loan didn't get approved. Why is the price so low? I am going trough a divorce, my financial and medical problems that I have and with our economy imagine this. So I'm willing to let it go for ($2,800 + $200 shipping cost already paid) $3,000 and since I only have one, First come, First served.The vin # is: 19UUA66275A049449 I guarantee that you will be more than 101% satisfied to own my car.I will wait to contact me ASAP, I need to know if you are really serious to become the owner.Right now the car is at the DAS (trucking company) warehouse kept in a sealed container ready for delivery and since I am not at home right now a test drive it is not possible. However I do offer an inspection period prior buying the car if we close the deal trough ebay motors vehicle purchase protection program.The car will be insured during transportation and it will be delivered at your address in maximum 1-2 business days (depends of your location). Along with the car you will receive a bill of sale in your name and signed by me and the title of the car. All I want is from you is if you are agree so I can contact ebay and after that, they will contact you and explain, guide you all the steps of the transaction and insurance.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18
said by not2bscammed :

I too have received an eerily similar email from someone stating that if I tell them I am interested that they will notify ebay so one of their representatives can contact me.

[snip]

All I want is from you is if you are agree so I can contact ebay and after that, they will contact you and explain, guide you all the steps of the transaction and insurance.
That is the scam as there is no ad/no auction page or link to one at eBay Motors. End of scam attempt right there.

The process is explained at eBay Motors regarding vehicle purchases plus how VPP (Vehicle Purchase Protection) is only available when buying at eBay Motors and no where else. You (the Buyer) have to initiate the purchase by selecting the vehicle's eBay Motors auction page using your eBay Account and then selecting "Buy It Now" at eBay. Otherwise it is 100% fake/false aka a real scam. You cannot initiate or start a eBay VPP covered transaction using email.
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to not2bscammed
said by not2bscammed :

I too have received an eerily similar email from someone stating that if I tell them I am interested that they will notify ebay so one of their representatives can contact me. The conversation is nearly verbatim to what I have read in other posts. The original ad was posted through a website in Utah KSL.com Here is a copy of my email from "her":

My car is still available. Acura only 32,100 original miles on board, it is located in Windsor, CT, you should know that it has never been wrecked or damaged, the car is in excellent condition. Non-smoker. The inside is clean, like new. Runs great, very smooth, meticulously maintained. To have a finish like this, it is obvious that this vehicle has been garaged. All the manuals, clear title and the original documentation come along with the car. I love this car but I have to let it go. It will come with a clear title, bill of sale signed by me as well and all the papers (including the original manuals and keys) that you will need to register it under your name. I had a buyer offering $3,300 but his loan didn't get approved. Why is the price so low? I am going trough a divorce, my financial and medical problems that I have and with our economy imagine this. So I'm willing to let it go for ($2,800 + $200 shipping cost already paid) $3,000 and since I only have one, First come, First served.The vin # is: 19UUA66275A049449 I guarantee that you will be more than 101% satisfied to own my car.I will wait to contact me ASAP, I need to know if you are really serious to become the owner.Right now the car is at the DAS (trucking company) warehouse kept in a sealed container ready for delivery and since I am not at home right now a test drive it is not possible. However I do offer an inspection period prior buying the car if we close the deal trough ebay motors vehicle purchase protection program.The car will be insured during transportation and it will be delivered at your address in maximum 1-2 business days (depends of your location). Along with the car you will receive a bill of sale in your name and signed by me and the title of the car. All I want is from you is if you are agree so I can contact ebay and after that, they will contact you and explain, guide you all the steps of the transaction and insurance.
I love the little things in their sales pitch that makes me laugh. "101% satisfied". Really? why not just the 100% or 110% or something? I didn't find any dirty hits on the vin

as far as DAS, I guess it's easy to exploit them, being they are a shipper of legit cars being sold on ebay. a person trying to verify if they are a real shipper will find that they really are, but not for the nefarious reasons in these fake ads.
--
| map your city | tweet |