All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
33358088 (banned)
join:2008-09-23

33358088 (banned)

Read teh ARTICLE

it says the ultimate goal by 2015 is to have EVERY PERSON have the ability at there home where ever it is to have access to 100megabit
anderboy
join:2007-07-23
Leander, TX

anderboy

Re: Read teh ARTICLE

I'm sure the government will find some exceptions. I mean, what if I live 2 miles offshore on a boat? Or in a hut on the remotest island in Finland (alone)? Do they have every person in Finland receiving electricity already, no matter where they live?
I'd love to force the government to build me a huge fiber line to the middle of the desert, where I live in a cave.

Easiest way out is for some company to offer 100Mbps satellite service. Never mind the cost, it will be available.

SLD
Premium Member
join:2002-04-17
San Francisco, CA

1 edit

SLD to 33358088

Premium Member

to 33358088
Please review your text before posting.

nube
@CERENTO.COM

nube to 33358088

Anon

to 33358088
Ya, 100Mb connection.

How many servers on the internet have 100Mb connections?

That is kinda like saying you have a 300Mb wireless connection. Just how fast is the connection from your router to the internet?

Sure 100Mb connection is nice, but what is it connected to? You could file share all across Finland, but what else? I have a 7x4 Mb connection at home and rarely do I ever max out the connection. I'm usually stuck waiting for the server on the other end to send data faster.
jjeffeory
jjeffeory
join:2002-12-04
Bloomington, IN

jjeffeory

Re: Read teh ARTICLE

It's not about 1 connection. We have at a minimum 3 connections going out here, sometimes 4, 5, 6...
Netflix, DirecTV, Computers, WII, Ps3, Xbox Live, etc all at the same time adds up....

PapaMidnight
join:2009-01-13
Baltimore, MD

PapaMidnight to nube

to nube
said by nube :

Ya, 100Mb connection.

How many servers on the internet have 100Mb connections?

That is kinda like saying you have a 300Mb wireless connection. Just how fast is the connection from your router to the internet?

Sure 100Mb connection is nice, but what is it connected to? You could file share all across Finland, but what else? I have a 7x4 Mb connection at home and rarely do I ever max out the connection. I'm usually stuck waiting for the server on the other end to send data faster.
Just to point out, not everyone has the same browsing habits. Granted a 100mb/100mb connection, my line would be maxed out or damn close to it on a daily basis simply because of the stuff I'd do.

Primarily, I could use a VPN / Tunnel for when on other networks.

Secondly...

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· jvCRPrCo