MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
·Charter

nunya

MVM

Here you go...

»www.migri.fi/netcomm/Def ··· guage=EN
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

BB is a commodity. What's it worth to you? Why are you still griping about the phone and cable companies? Why doesn't anybody gripe about the all "powerful" power companies who are flat out refusing to provide BBoPL service even though the technology is there. We need the gubbamin to take over these companies so we can look at the You Tube.

All these people pissing and moaning about not having any service would probably be the last ones to get up off their butts and look into starting a broadband co-op, wisp, or even plant provider.

Yes kiddies, there are still places in these great United States where you cannot get electricity. If you move there, you are on your own. Forget about water, sewer, trash, cable t.v., telephone. Ironically, in most of these places, with a little determination you can get satellite service. And don't say it "doesn't count". It does when you don't have anything.

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium Member
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX

Duramax08

Premium Member

Re: Here you go...

said by nunya:

Yes kiddies, there are still places in these great United States where you cannot get electricity.
Not to be a smart ass or anything, but can you show me some places where they dont get power in the U.S? Just would want to know. A few examples will work.

Thanks.

Noah Vail
Oh God please no.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-10
SouthAmerica

Noah Vail

Premium Member

said by Duramax08:

can you show me some places where they dont get power in the U.S?
Here's a guy that can't get power to his home, (as of 2002 - article date) unless he pays $50k for the deployment. It's about 60 miles North of Missoula Montana.

The article mentions that he could get DSL, though -in 2002.
NV
jjeffeory
jjeffeory
join:2002-12-04
Bloomington, IN

1 edit

jjeffeory to Duramax08

to Duramax08
A community near San Louis, CO.
Melby Ranch....

There you go. A place with no power.

»www.melbyranch.com/

Have property there and it's really out of the way. It's even difficult to get a cellphone signal. Eventually, I'll add a windmill. The point is that this is an EXCEPTION, not a rule. There are, however, places where there is NO power, water, or broadband.

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium Member
San Antonio, TX

Duramax08

Premium Member

At this ranch, Does anyone want electricity by power lines?
jjeffeory
jjeffeory
join:2002-12-04
Bloomington, IN

1 edit

jjeffeory

Yes, some people who want it can not currently get it. There are some power lines on a few main roads. Nothing that goes along our road as of yet. It is a work in progress. and will take time to distribute. The ranch owner has built out the current infrastructure and given the lines to the local power company from what I understand.

San Luis is about 15 miles up the road, though... We're about 8 miles from a state road.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

2 edits

NormanS to Duramax08

MVM

to Duramax08
40 acres.kmz.zip
857 bytes
A Google Earth file of southern Oregon.

Click for full size
Satellite shot.
said by Duramax08:

Not to be a smart ass or anything, but can you show me some places where they dont get power in the U.S? Just would want to know. A few examples will work.
I don't know how things are today (it's been a few years since I was last there on the ground); but there is a 60 acre plot of land in southern Oregon (near Malin), which had been in the family for a while, which would have cost around $60,000 to run power to the plot; if you wanted to build a house, and have electricity.

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium Member
San Antonio, TX

Duramax08

Premium Member

A picture would be appreciated since I got dial up and really dont feel like downloading google earth for a few hours. I could download 10mb's in about a hour if it doesnt do it random auto disconnects.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA

NormanS

MVM

Your wish is my command. Should have thought of it in the first place.

james16
join:2001-02-26

james16 to nunya

to nunya
said by nunya:

power companies who are flat out refusing to provide BBoPL service even though the technology is there.
You mean that technology that has been proven time and time again to be a dead end?

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya

MVM

No. It's a proven reliable technology. The big old meanies are just too "greedy" to invest huge sums of money in plant upgrades to make it work reliably.

james16
join:2001-02-26

james16

said by nunya:

No. It's a proven reliable technology. The big old meanies are just too "greedy" to invest huge sums of money in plant upgrades to make it work reliably.
I didnt know so many Shortwave Radio users owned power plants, or other people who don't want our EM spectrum mangled with unnecessary interference.