dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« New Speeds!
This is a sub-selection from Massive Slowdowns?
bigburd
join:2009-09-14
Butte, MT

2 edits

bigburd

Re: Massive Slowdowns?

Just so everyone knows, I ping bresnan every few days via email in order to keep my help ticket open, after 7 days no contact your ticket expires (Edit: This may not be totally correct, either way they are getting my 2 cents regularly fo rmy frustrations. :] ). I also keep them updated on how many times I contact the FTC and FCC. The last few times I have been getting the identical prepared response other than the time I got NOTHING, just a notice they got my email. Here is the response:

"Thank you for contacting Bresnan. We still have a ticket entered and being worked on related to slow speeds. If it were resolved and you were still experiencing and issue we could certainly enter a new ticket, at this time we are still working on it. Thank you for your patience."

At least it is not a line of crap and I don't have to wait on hold for insane amounts of time. My recommendation is for everyone to use their help email. Give them the information to attach it to your phone calls and "ping" them at least once every 4 days until it is fixed. Saves you time while getting more messages through without the hassle and the aggravation.

Edit: Thought you might want to know what I am telling them when I am emailing them as well.

Once again another ping letting you know the service was pretty much unusable tonight. Folks from all over the state having the same issue. Nobody at my work can VPN in at night. Your costing people money and time and we still don't have a fix over a month later. You know you have an issue so get on it already. With the dozens of traceroutes I have seen from all over the state and wyoming it's pretty clear that you are overloading a device/segment in Billings, this was not like this before the massive outtage a month ago, if all else fails why not try putting the network back together like it was? I mean geez at least it was WORKING, didn't you people have documentation or something, I mean really this service has gone from first rate to lost in space over night.. wtf

On another note. Just a few pointers for your "support desk" folks.

1. Don't tell me that your speed test is the only thing that matters. I'm not paying you to provide me a connection to your internal network I am paying you to provide me with a reliable connection to the internet at a reasonably close speed to what you advertise, which you are not.

2. Stop blaming people's routers at the first sign of trouble. Every person I have talked to has said your help desk people has blamed their router.We all know routers are very reliable pieces of equipment and are usually set it and forget it. Yah sure a person might have a router problem here and there but the reality of the matter is your folks are deaf to listen to people's issues and simply want to pop out a quick fix and get you off the line. TERRIBLE!

3. Stop asking people to tear down their networks for your testing. This is your friggin dime not mine. You wanna come to my house and measure your network speed, fine, set up a friggin appointment and it better be at the times I tell you my issue is happening.

4. Stop expecting people to put a wrench in their life just so you can work when you feel like it. Like I said before this is your friggin dime not mine. I paid for this stuff and I am not getting what I paid for period. You work for me not the other way around.

Just so you know I will be contacting the FTC AGAIN this week and pushing for my complaint to be moved forward or expedited. I will also be pinging the FCC with my case number as well. This has gone on way too long and a class action lawsuit is not out of order at all. I will be contacting lawyers throughout the state starting with the Montana State Attorney General beginning next week. If you are going to waste a boatload of my time I might as well make it worth it.

soadlink
join:2002-11-17
USA

soadlink

I can see it starting to rise again on my smokeping charts -- should be another night of fun for the Bresnan call center!

If anyone wants, I have another smoke ping (from dslreports, not from my home) for the hop right after it leaves the Bresnan network (at least the hop for me) -- »/r3/sm ··· 9d&r=643

The stability for that particular test proves it's not a 360 issue. We all know this, because it spikes at a BRESNAN IP... but their braindead network analysts and engineers love to place the blame elsewhere.
bigburd
Butte, MT

bigburd

could you tell me the settings your using in the config to get these nicer looking graphs? I have a system running here watching all the bresnan routers as well but the deviation (i think? the shady areas to the sides of the green lines) is making the graphs hard to read.

»/r3/sm ··· 529d.CA1

koolkid1563
MVM
join:2005-11-06
Powell, WY

koolkid1563

MVM

In a perfect connection there would be no shade. As you suspected the shade is deviation from the average, the colored line being the average. The more shade, the worse the connection and the more jitter.
bigburd
Butte, MT

bigburd

thanks you just helped me immensly

Bresnanisgod
@174.44.38.x

Bresnanisgod to bigburd

Anon

to bigburd
Is this in the contract anywhere...

"1. Don't tell me that your speed test is the only thing that matters. I'm not paying you to provide me a connection to your internal network I am paying you to provide me with a reliable connection to the internet at a reasonably close speed to what you advertise, which you are not."

I'd really like to have a legal leg to stand on if I'm going to contradict what the techs always say.

burdanon
@bresnan.net

burdanon

Anon

I have no clue what the contract really says and to be honest could care less..But this is what their tech support will tell you if you tell them the speakeasy tests are slow. They haven't provided their Montana clients with usable internet access for over a month. The FCC and FTC specifically question if you are having this type of issue with your ISP when you are filling out the complaint forms online. I REALLY suggest to everyone to at least go to those sites and fill this stuff out. I've done the FTC thing before and they wont respond with just one or two complaints they need a developing pattern. Also be sure to let Bresnan know you shouldn't have to pay for the last month and any month until they get their issue fixed. The FTC can also start laying heavy fines on Bresnan for this type of business they are running with their clients.
« New Speeds!
This is a sub-selection from Massive Slowdowns?