All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
« Darwin
This is a sub-selection from why believe a union official?

Noreaster

@myfairpoint.net
reply to mocycler

Re: why believe a union official?

What have you got against unions? Unions played an important role in the evolution of the middle class. Without them you would see even greater divergence between rich and poor then we have now. Union goons? I don't know what you mean by that. The people running the unions are the same people who have worked the front lines at the company for years. Every three years anyone who wants to run for a union job, like steward, business manager or president can do so. All union officers are democratically elected by a majority of their peers. So whats wrong with that? The work can be dangerous and risky and was low paying, so after years of wrangling with the company, the employees voted for form a union. It was the union that forced better, safer working conditions, wages and benefits. Can't see a damn thing wrong with that either.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2
and this comes from some anonymous poster from the Fairpoint.com domain. outstanding!
this guy that happens to live in the northern New England area that is being destroyed by Fairpoint. my hat is off to you sir. i hope something good comes out of all this mess that Verizon created and Fairpoint is continuing.
--
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and i'm all outta bubblegum.