uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA

My biggest complaint with Comcast

last year was strictly their customer service issues

I had their Internet for a year and didn't have any real problems with their TV/Internet/Phone....no outages, no problems

But it took them nearly 3 weeks to install in an apartment pre-wired and just needed someone to switch it on, they sent the WRONG crew to my house when the 3 weeks came but thankfully someone in the area came the next day, and their customer service people HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THEY ARE DOING

It really frustrated me when I would call for a billing question OR maybe I wanted to add a package and the person couldn't speak a lick of English OR had not the slightest clue what package I was talking about.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by Bill Neilson:

It really frustrated me when I would call for a billing question OR maybe I wanted to add a package and the person couldn't speak a lick of English OR had not the slightest clue what package I was talking about.
And Comcast support is in the US and NOT India or Mexico, etc. So the sad part for our country is that a customer support person in the US can't speak English.
--
My BLOG .. .. Internet News .. .. My Web Page

jtudor
Xm 60's On 6 Freak
Premium,MVM
join:2002-12-07
Morganton, NC

said by FFH:

said by Bill Neilson:

And Comcast support is in the US and NOT India or Mexico, etc. So the sad part for our country is that a customer support person in the US can't speak English.
There is where you can place the blame squarely on the hiring manager. There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for hiring someone who does not speak fluent english for a customer support job ever, but even more so when that job is based in the US!!!
--
Best of luck

"Do, or Do not, there is no try!" Yoda

caco
Premium
join:2005-03-10
Whittier, AK
reply to FFH

We do have overflow third party callcenters that are in Philippines and Mexico. Most of the reps. speak perfectly fine English but I am sure there are exceptions.
--
»www.seabee.navy.mil

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:3
reply to FFH

said by FFH:

said by Bill Neilson:

Not true. Comcast outsources to a handful of organizations both in the U.S. and in Canada. In turn, these organizations have some call centers in foreign countries.

For example, the "DTA Activation" line is mostly based out of Manilla, Philippines.
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

Sabre
Di relung hatiku bernyanyi bidadari

join:2005-05-17
reply to jtudor

Sad but true. When I worked at Comcast, one of the callcentre reps hired at the same time as me (for a US job supporting only a local US area) seemed to know what he was doing, but his English was completely incomprehensible. (And he tended to get angry at customers who couldn't understand him, which was just about all of them.) I never knew how he got hired or how he stayed as long as he did. Thankfully that was the only time in all my time at that callcentre I ever saw a situation like that.
--
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.

Save American Soccer - Stop the MLS!

k1ll3rdr4g0n

join:2005-03-19
Homer Glen, IL
reply to FFH

said by FFH:

said by Bill Neilson:

That is actually incorrect, I find that when I call I would get routed 2/3 times outside of the US.

HotRodFoto
Premium
join:2003-04-19
Denver, CO
reply to FFH

said by FFH:

said by Bill Neilson:

It is also in Canada as well, it isn't strictly US support.
--
Capturing the images of Colorado
»jdebordphoto.com

cableties
Premium
join:2005-01-27
reply to Rob

said by Rob:

Not true. Comcast outsources to a handful of organizations both in the U.S. and in Canada. In turn, these organizations have some call centers in foreign countries.

For example, the "DTA Activation" line is mostly based out of Manilla, Philippines.
True. I had a great conversation with a gal there. So nice that I think she wanted to marry me!
--
Splat

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:3

said by cableties:

said by Rob:

True. I had a great conversation with a gal there. So nice that I think she wanted to marry me!
She just wants the green card
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

beavercable
Premium
join:2008-05-11
Beaverton, OR

Don't you mean you wanted a green card so you can get some of that free healthcare?

Hangmn
Don't Fight It...It's Inevitable
Premium
join:2000-04-08
Philadelphia, PA
reply to FFH

said by FFH:

said by Bill Neilson:

This is simply not true. I recently spoke with a CSR out of the Caribbean, an over flow center...
--
»davescustompc.com