caco
Premium Member
join:2005-03-10
Whittier, AK

4 edits

caco

Premium Member

Comcast employee here

My opinion and in no way is it meant to represent the opinion of the company I work for or do I claim to speak on my employers behalf.

Your take is a bit harsh. Many contractors do a perfectly good job and so do most customer service reps. The difference is that now the squeaky wheel gets to broadcast on the web minor problems and some big ones that give the perception that the issue is everywhere. Just look at the Comcast forum on this site for example, everyday there is some flash that blames Comcast for something and more than half the time it is a false alarm.

Now make no mistake we screw up royally sometimes but these account for less than 1% of 1% of installs on daily basis and a lot of time you just don't here the good stuff.

Most Comcast subs are perfectly happy with their service and don't tend to yell from the rooftops that their stuff just works and that goes the same for most service companies.

Something else that also has changed is that people are depending a lot more on the internet for day to day things and when then connection is broken for whatever reason being a truck hitting a pole or a squirrel chewing thru some fiber or some macro error that shuts off chsi service for everybody that has a certain billing code on an account then you going to get some major grief and the web just make broadcasting those issues easier and tends to magnify the problem.

If we believed everything that was out there then you would think every Dell computer sold exploded in someones lap, no sub on ATT is happy with their service, everyone that purchased Leopard was having data loss problems and that FIOS didn't have one sub that did not have a billing problem.

Gbcue
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA

Gbcue

Premium Member

I have AT&T U-Verse and am very happy with my service.
caco
Premium Member
join:2005-03-10
Whittier, AK

1 edit

caco

Premium Member

I'm sorry, I should have said ATT cellphone service.