Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

longstreet

join:2004-11-14
Plano, TX

1 edit

hmm

If they still offered al la carte services, i'm sure we'd hear 'oh these overages are such bs! it should be free'

At some point, you have to decide whether or not the service they provide is worth the money they are asking for. If it's not worth it to everyone, then everyone would call up and cancel

Obviously, Apple is enjoying record stock prices and iPhone sales, I don't see many people doing that.

join:2007-01-11
Chicago, IL

1 edit
See, that's the problem. People will bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch about it but nobody wants to put their money where their bitching mouth is by not purchasing the device or the service in the first place.

As long as the money flows in the carriers will continue to fleece the suckers lining up to pay, and they'll continue laughing at the little whiners...all the way to the bank.

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA
People will bitch no matter what, agreed

Yet it doesn't change the fact that a lot of their bitching has merit

I use the iPhone because I use a LOT of their features daily. With that said, a lot of AT&T's practices is laughable

I am not sure why this "You aren't allowed to complain" mentality is so rampant with some

longstreet

join:2004-11-14
Plano, TX

1 edit
If you have a smartphone, you should expect to pay a premium in comparison to other cell phones.

If it's too expensive, perhaps those individuals should step down to a less expensive option.

It's like Ferrari selling their cars for $20,000 --- it'll never happen.

If people can't afford it, there always has to be something wrong with the company selling the service right?

Maybe people that can't afford it should stop trying to look like they can, downgrade and stop the QQ and get a better job.

Bill Neilson
Premium
Arlington, VA
Again, I am not arguing about the issue of whether people are buying things that they can't afford. I don't disagree. If you can't afford something, don't get it

I can afford the iPhone. I can afford the plans. I think many here can do the same.

When I see people complaining about AT&T or the iPhone, I always see some, "If you don't like it, change!" which to me is their way of stating that they don't want to hear anything negative about the product....period

Which again, is a head scratcher for me because I enjoy the positive/negative banter on here....and I think most here enjoy the highs/lows given to products

As I said above, I use the iPhone/love the iPhone/will keep using the iPhone....but I don't think complaining about either something with the iPhone OR something with AT&T always warrants a "Shut up and stop using it then!" comment which seems like the norm

join:2007-01-11
Chicago, IL
said by Bill Neilson:

I don't think complaining about either something with the iPhone OR something with AT&T always warrants a "Shut up and stop using it then!" comment which seems like the norm
Actually, it does. The rest of us are tired of listening to the lot of you iPhone users whining about how much you pay to use your iToy. If you are not backing up the complaints with action you sound like a spoiled six year old.

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1
I use the iphone, I bought it for the data features and I don't like paying $100/month to AT&T but I know I paid for that premium to have all those features plus unlimited data.

But the point of this article is that we are premium customers, we pay a lot for our phones and per month already in order to get all these features, the phone companies want to have it both ways, they want to treat smartphone users as premium users and charge us 30/month just to have data, but at the same time they want to be able to whine and complain anytime we use more than the average amount of data.

If you are going to require everyone to have an expensive data plan, that's fine, I don't complain about my $30/month, but they are at the same time arguing that they should move to per byte billing, which is what pay-as-you-go data is, a rather expensive per byte billing model. One verizon I had a lg voyager and all I ever did with it was check my gmail through there app, I'd use maybe 2-3mb a month and pay $4-$6 which seemed ok.

What they want is obvious they want to mandate we have a data plan, charge us $30 a month to have it and then put a rediculous cap of say 100mb on it and charge us for overages.
that is there version of per byte billing and it has nothing to do with fairness, only extra profit.

btw. I don't abuse my iphone data plan, at least not in my eyes I use maybe 300mb/month. I don't think it's unreasonable to have a 5gb limit on a 3G plan at this stage, the problem is if they move to per byte billing it won't be 5gb it'll be 100mb - 250mb if even that, whatever the average user uses at the moment. the second issue is that as capacity increases and the average data usage increases they won't ever increase those caps, because the overages just equal more profit for them.

Smart Phone users should pay more, I agreee, but we also have a lot of complain about with the bs stuff the major carriers are trying to pull.

Bill Neilson
Premium
Arlington, VA
reply to 60529262
Have you ever posted criticism about a product? If so, why are you even stating such a thing sounding like a hypocrite?

Most people on here posting about their iPhone or their coverage are discussing legit criticism about a product they enjoy and want to see improved.

How that makes them sound like a child is beyond me. In fact, if anyone is sounding like a child, it is the person who reads that and says "No, shut up! Stop posting that!" as if that will get the person to actually stop. I heard those things said before I hit high school but since then, I only hear it online by some posters.

Are their people who won't shut up with their everyday criticisms? Of course. Then again, their are people who love the iPhone so much that anything bad said about it gets them enraged and sends them off a cliff. Then you have the iPhone haters who are just generally angry at the word "iPhone"