Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gogregor6

join:2002-09-26
Bethlehem, PA
reply to dsilvers

Re: persistent connection to qw-in-f113.1e100.net on boot

First of all - thank you for a very complete reply! And all the help. I've run both the GUI and command line of tcpview, and from several locations. I've watched the connection go from WAIT to ESTABLISHED, then dissappear, then return later. When I right click on the connection in tcpview I always get an error that states it cannot query PROC ID 0. The only Google app I have installed (that I'm aware of) is Google Earth, and that was installed about 3 years ago - this is a relatively new issue. I have some technical background - and this one has me stumped right now. Also - no third party firewall??? What is the indication for that??

thanks again!
greg

NetFixer
Snarl For The Camera Please
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast

1 edit

If Google Earth is truly the only Google app that is running on your PC, then Google Earth is a likely source of the connection to qw-in-f113.1e100.net.

That connection is certainly to a Google server as verified by nslookup, whois and by simply putting http://qw-in-f113.1e100.net into a browser address bar.

Since you have already used TCPView, you might also want to try Process Explorer to be absolutely sure that there are no other Google processes running on your PC.
--
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
-- Thomas Jefferson