share rss forum feed

dyrewolfe

join:2009-08-02
Durham, NC
reply to TBSupport1

Re: Teleblend now offering $99.00 Annual Plan

said by TBSupport1:

I am going to look into this for you.
Have you had a chance to look into this yet?

TBSupport1

join:2007-09-11
Leesburg, VA

1 edit

I'm looking to get the final word about it.

TBlendUser

@rr.com
reply to TBSupport1

Re: Teleblend now offering $99.99 Annual Plan

This sure does sound like a repeat of Sun Rocket. I got suckered in to an annual plan only to lose months of service when they went under.

I tried calling the 800 number they provide only to receive a "mailbox is full" message.

Doesn't sound like a company that plans to stay in business to me.

druber

join:2000-04-11
Stow, MA
reply to TBSupport1

said by TBSupport1:

I'm looking to get the final word about it.
The word is (or should be) "PORT"

TBSupport1

Leesburg, VA
reply to dyrewolfe

Sorry for the delay. To just confirm, there is NO cancellation fee if you are on the annual plan and decide to cancel.

The reason that it was there incorrectly was we did have another annual plan. We've had that annual plan for some time now, and that plan included a cancellation fee.

TBSupport1

Leesburg, VA
reply to TBlendUser

Our annual plan is not something new. We have had an annual plan for quite a long time now.

dyrewolfe

Durham, NC
reply to TBSupport1

said by TBSupport1:

Sorry for the delay. To just confirm, there is NO cancellation fee if you are on the annual plan and decide to cancel.

The reason that it was there incorrectly was we did have another annual plan. We've had that annual plan for some time now, and that plan included a cancellation fee.
Ok. But your Terms of Use still reflects a cancellation fee. Is that going to be revised?

TBSupport1

Leesburg, VA

Yes, That should hopefully be fixed on Monday.

crazyk4952
Premium
join:2002-02-04
united state
kudos:1
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·Vitelity VOIP
·Charter
·Callcentric
reply to TBSupport1

It seems to me that there are several VOIP providers that do not charge BS "activation" fees for BYOD users and certainly do not charge an ETF if you decide to leave.

Since I do not like these types of fees, I will vote with my wallet and give my business to those companies that have honest pricing...

TBSupport1

Leesburg, VA

While you say that there are several providers that don't charge termination and activation fees, there are plenty of providers both large and small that do. Teleblend does not charge an Early termination fee for service. We did charge one at one time, but have since decided to move away from that. We don't have people locked into a contract either, but other companies have 1 year or even 2 year contracts.

That's the advantage of having an open market place. This allows people to have a choice to choose other services that they think will better serve them.

crazyk4952
Premium
united state
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·Vitelity VOIP
·Charter
·Callcentric

said by TBSupport1:

. Teleblend does not charge an Early termination fee for service. We did charge one at one time, but have since decided to move away from that.
So you say now. Until recently, your TOS stated that you did charge an ETF (even though you claim that you did not charge one). Who's to say your TOS won't change tomorrow to something else?

And please explain why people must pay $40 as an activation fee when they already have their own device?? This makes not sense whatsoever!

TBSupport1

Leesburg, VA

Who says that Vonage, Viatalk, F9, callcentric, voipo, etc, etc, etc won't change their TOS tomorrow to something else? That's the same question you are asking. Unfortunately, I can tell you that we have no intention of adding that fee back for this product plan. And yes I did say for our previous annual plan we had an ETF. When we moved to our new annual plan we removed that ETF fee. It was left in the TOS by accident and we are in the process of removing it.

There is a cost to provide services, activate new services, and get a customer setup. That is why we charge a fee for it. It is a one time activation fee and every year going forward you would not pay that fee.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

1 edit

I have to agree with TB on this one.

If they choose to charge an activation fee, they are free to do so. It's their company.

The only qualification would be that it is clearly stated up front.

-----------------------------------------------

(Personally, I think that the policy is mistaken. It puts them at a competitive disadvantage with companies that do not charge activation fees. Such as VOIPo):

* Free Activation
* Free Phone Adapter
* Free Shipping
* No Contract
* No Cancellation Fees.....

But if TB chooses to charge an activation fee,
c’est la vie.

Consumers are free to choose the provider and plan that best suits them.

The decision should involve total costs, service quality and reliability, support, responses to problems, features, BYOD vs DISCO, and so forth.

crazyk4952
Premium
united state
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·Vitelity VOIP
·Charter
·Callcentric

Yes, I agree it is their choice if they want to charge an activation fee or not.

However, I do not think that it is clearly stated. When looking at their site, I saw no mention of an activation fee (or any other fees) until I clicked the "sign up" button.

Also, the amount of this "activation" fee changes based on the plan that you choose. If you choose the monthly plan, then the fee (if you BYOD) is $5.95. However, if you get the $99 plan, it is now $39.99.

Why does it cost more to activate someone on the annual plan vs the monthly plan?

It just seems like they are trying to advertise a cheap price, then add on BS fees once you sign up.

rizzo2dial
Premium
join:2004-08-05

said by crazyk4952:

It just seems like they are trying to advertise a cheap price, then add on BS fees once you sign up.
This is precisely why their current promo has been called a bait-and-switch offer (i.e. a scam).

Blink

@wellsfargo.com

Scammers! Stay Away!

During past couple of months there customer service number was unreachable and if you called to cancel, tough luck. If you email/chat they will tell you "must call to cancel". Then they will charge your card. When you dispute, they will tell the card company that customer did not cancel in time. No way to get your money back. They don't want to do fair business. Trying to cheat people of their hard earned money. I called them and I got through to them today and they were like "tough luck... read the terms and conditions, must cancel before we charge you, even if the service was already ported to some other provider and we did not give you any service for what we charged you, just because.... we charged you already!". Disgusting!

Underwriter

@comcast.net
reply to TBSupport1

I have been with Teleblend (Sunrocket) since 12/2005. Please give me and other long term customers a break. I want the $99 special also.

voiplover
Premium
join:2004-05-28
Portsmouth, NH

said by Underwriter :

I have been with Teleblend (Sunrocket) since 12/2005. Please give me and other long term customers a break. I want the $99 special also.
"Thank you Master. Can I have another?"

ROFL

druber

Stow, MA

I think the correct quote is "Thank you, sir! May I have another?"

dyrewolfe

Durham, NC
reply to TBSupport1

said by TBSupport1:

Yes, That should hopefully be fixed on Monday.
Granted, you didn't specify which Monday the terms would be updated but we're now on the third one. How long does this change take exactly? I sincerely hope this isn't used as a fall-back plan "You should have read the TOS!".

druber

Stow, MA

Ah, "Monday". That's like telebend's version of the old "Manana!"

TBSupport1

Leesburg, VA
reply to dyrewolfe

I'm sorry. I got a bit busy and forgot about getting this pushed out to our production network.

The change has been officially made, so you can see it with your own eyes on the website. Annual Plans do not have an cancellation fee.

dyrewolfe

Durham, NC

said by TBSupport1:

I'm sorry. I got a bit busy and forgot about getting this pushed out to our production network.

The change has been officially made, so you can see it with your own eyes on the website. Annual Plans do not have an cancellation fee.
Great. Thank you.

swinger123

join:2009-12-09
Omaha, NE
reply to jeremy555

If your local Kmart came out with a sale price, would you try to get the sale price for something you bought 3 months earlier? I think not. I signed up for Teleblend because it was a good deal at the time. I would also like the $99 pricing, but they are just marketing for new customers like everybody else.
I'm sticking with Teleblend.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4

said by swinger123:

If your local Kmart came out with a sale price, would you try to get the sale price for something you bought 3 months earlier? I think not. I signed up for Teleblend because it was a good deal at the time. I would also like the $99 pricing, but they are just marketing for new customers like everybody else.
I'm sticking with Teleblend.
Do you buy that item from Kmart every month under contract? Many companies have loyalty discounts, save 10% on your next visit, etc.
--
"So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage? »www.venganza.org

rdwarrior

join:2007-07-20
Conway, AR
reply to TBSupport1

Try to get a new promotional offer with Comcast, Verizon, Cox and the rest of the providers that offer monthly services. The promotional offers are only available to new customers. If you have been with them for 12 months or 24 months, they may extend the offer to you, but the offers are for new customers.

chindit2

join:2010-01-30
reply to TBSupport1

Teleblend should be ashamed of themselves!! I have been a sunrocket, now Teleblend customers from the start. Now as a reward for loyalty they are offering $99.99/yr for new customers, but if you are a loyal customer they add all kind of charges that run the cost up to $195/year, which is the same cost as the $15.99 cost. Thanks guys!!!!

Loyal customer no longer